Peter Gabriel's Up on vinyl

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Tullman, Jan 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member Thread Starter

I originally purchased the cd and liked it. I thought it sounded pretty good. Then after hearing PG 1 on classic 200 gram lp and really liking the sound, I took a chance on Up done on vinyl.

The sound was terrific. The lp really put the cd to shame. I know this was mastered from a digital source but the vinyl really had that breath of life. The vinyl itself wasn't JVC dead quiet, but it was still very quiet. I also picked up PG 2 and this also sounded terrific. Side two did have some surface noise on the first track that didn't make me happy but overall this lp sounded quite nice. I recommend these two recordings on Classic vinyl. They sound so much better than any other release that I have heard.:cool:

2. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Hi Tullman:

It's great to hear about the superb sound quality, but for the price they're asking the LP surfaces should be damn near perfect!

I'm looking forward to the 2nd and 3rd (when it finally comes out). I'm going to hold off on PG1, my original mint Atco is really good.
    Dan C

BTW, thanks for the Up review. I'll buy it eventually, the CD is still growing on me. Peter Gabriel is a true artist. :agree:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.