Petition for release of David Bowie "OUTSIDE" Album Era And Outtakes

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nickfa, Jul 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dead of night

dead of night Senior Member

Why wouldn't Eno want the band to get writing credits? That sounds a little mean.

2. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Why this one album? There's lots of things they could put out, rather than the current branding exercise.

3. Maestro63

Maestro63 Forum Resident

Outside was a horrible album why would I want to hear more

4. nickfa

nickfa New Member Thread Starter

Perhaps he was a little mean. Reeve's said it was the way Eno was used to working, but he talked him round.

5. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

I don't doubt the record companies balked when they heard Leon. I'd Rather Be Chrome may be the only thing close to a commercial song on it.

6. nickfa

nickfa New Member Thread Starter

Small plot of land,hearts filthy lesson ,the Motel and maybe a few more would more than likely have been on Leon,the leaked 74 mins of it were only about a half of the recorded material maybe less.
    What has leaked might well be out of context.

7. Zongadude

Zongadude Music is the best

I believe it was what Bowie wanted too. At least I remember that in the french tv show Taratata, he said that he planned the release of the outtakes and that it would be called Inside Outside.
    (It's from memory, I might be wrong about this - I have to check).

Here's a link if you want to check it out:
    TARATATA N°112

8. I love Eno but let's remember that when Talking Heads released Remain in Light, Byrne gave writing credit to Eno but didn't want to give writing credit to Chris, Tina and Jerry and they had to fight him over that since someone would bring the original idea or basic sketch of the song, then they would jam and end up with the finished effort. I don't know if that was Byrne or Eno pushing for it though. I also don't know if it was right or wrong since I obviously wasn't there. Part of this is what caused the split between Eno and Talking Heads after Remain in Light.

9. With the exception of "The Gouster", there hasn't been unreleased material from various sessions. I doubt that will happen. I could see it if there was an Outside boxed set. Maybe. It would tempt people to buy the set. I just hope the mastering is better and not as all over the place as the last set which has some horrible mastering.

10. Zongadude

11. Zongadude

my memory was right ! :)
    Here's David specifically telling that he's planning to put out the outtakes "later that year" (1996) and it is called INSIDE OUTSIDE !
    Here it is at 8:15 :
    TARATATA N°112

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.