Petition launched to reintroduce Technics turntables (Update: The SL-1200 is Back!)*

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by englishbob, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Right. But without VAT, the US-equivalent price is closer to $1999. If a U.K. dealer can offer at that price, I can still hope!

Aftermath likes this.
  2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

That site with £1999 indicates "new".

3. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Could be, the one I saw indicated it was a demo so I assumed that applied to all of them ...

1 available
    Clearance - Witham
    Ex display product. Full UK warranty, all original accessories and packaging.

4. OK. Didn't see that.

5. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

On the demo stock question, UK Hi Fi stores will sometimes sell brand new non demo stock as demo or box opened so as to avoid upsetting distributors and Hi Fi companies by undercutting suggested retail prices, that may or may not be the case here, but it was when I bought a CD player from Sevenoaks many years ago and one store had two Technics available earlier and I can't see them having two on demo, even for a Technics. I think the fact that they can happily knock a third off retail on multiple units suggests that there is quite a bit of margin on the Gs and those of us who may bite at a lower price can take heart that better deals may appear in the future.

keiron99 and SamS like this.
  6. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

7. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I put my order in yesterday with a local dealer. They're telling me sometime in June. Going to start with an Ortofon 2M Bronze but will be looking to add a mono cart and an MC as well.

paulewalnutz and Nielsoe like this.
  8. coopmv

coopmv Newton 1/30/2001 - 8/31/2011

:righton:

9. aroney

aroney Who really gives a...?

Where are the SL-1210GR's? Any online retailers?

MikeJedi likes this.
  10. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I talked to the dealer I preordered with last week and he said they still hadn't shipped from Technics. Hopefully sometime this month!

11. H8SLKC

H8SLKC Forum Resident

Wow on the unboxing vid above! That is one super cool PLX-1000 he's putting together there isn't it?

:)

Sorry, I just had to!

12. snorker

snorker Big Daddy

Another stellar review for the SL-1200G, this time from The Absolute Sound. For whatever it's worth.

I'm turntable shopping right now, and the SL-1200G was already high on my list.

FashionBoy, Robert C, LarryP and 2 others like this.
  13. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

That's a fantastic review that nails exactly why I'm interested in this table.

FashionBoy, Robert C and LarryP like this.
  14. RPM

RPM Forum Resident

15. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Ok, so I get these are always geared towards DJ's, but they are good for home use too, correct?

16. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The recently introduced 1200GAE/G/GR are not geared towards DJs. They are part of Technics HiFi lineup.

Robert C and Boomy like this.
  17. Boomy

Boomy Senior Member

Thank you!

18. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

Please keep us posted. I'm leaning to possibly getting one and going with the Bronze as well. Enjoy!

19. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

It's more accurate to say the new Technics are geared towards audiophile money, as the functionalities essential to DJ use are all present and accounted for.

recstar24 likes this.
  20. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Watch the video 5 posts above, all the way through. A professional DJ's take.

21. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I reached out to my salesperson at HiFi Sales and he's going to try and get me an update on delivery today. It's been a long six weeks. They thought they were going to have them at the end of May/beginning of June but alas, still nothing.

22. Davey

Davey NP: Hania Rani ~ Ghosts (2023 LP)

Some stores are saying release is this week.

23. paulewalnutz

paulewalnutz Forum Resident

The one in NJ? That's my dealer also.

24. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

Yup - closest one I could find. Pat's who I dealt with - gave me a decent $ on the combo.

paulewalnutz likes this.
  25. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

I saw that...fingers crossed. Though it will be a PITA to get to the dealer this week with the wife being out of town and my son's birthday party on Saturday. They're an hour-and-a-half away.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.