Philips 763sa player(Problems with )

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by txguitar, Apr 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member Thread Starter

I picked this player up a couple of months ago($70) and I just started having problems playing certain sacd / dvd titles.Anyone else having similar problems.
    Any advice ,opinions or upgrades available ?
    Thanks everyone,
    txguitar

2. grx8

grx8 Senior Member

From what I´ve heard, that player is very good, specially in picture quality.
    Haven´t heard SACD problems though.

3. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

Typical Phillips. If you can work your way through the gaunlet, they WILL eventually refund you in full. You may have to undergo a repair attempt first.

4. Urban Spaceman

Urban Spaceman Forum Eulipion

I grabbed one of these too. The only problem (not a small one IMO) comes with some SACD hybrid titles. I bought Let It Bleed on SACD and the machine is VERY tempermental when it comes to picking up the SACD layer. Most of the time it just skips to the redbook layer and the only way (that I'm aware of) to get it to read the SACD layer is to keep ejecting the disc and putting it back in until it reads correctly. Some days it'll play the SACD layer - some days not!
    Otherwise it's not a bad machine - although it certainly heats up like a BEAR! Weird!
    ----- Chris

5. txguitar

txguitar Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks for the input folks! Yea, mine heats up too (which is kind of weird).
    It's still under warranty ,so I guess I'll have to take it to a service center.
    I've also got a Toshiba player for back-up that will play dvd-a and redbook discs.
    I've bought components for years and this is my first time to buy Philips,and
    it will be the last ! It's pretty sad,a component is not even three months old
    and it is already screwing up.
    txguitar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.