Phish Tour Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Yankee8156, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piepants

piepants Forum Resident

I'll definitely be at those Alpine Valley shows!

Erik B. likes this.
  2. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

PTBM came through for me this time!
    Floors for LA and Dick's, plus 4th row for Shoreline!

Erik B. likes this.
  3. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Good going on Shoreline, I got the back of section 202. Whatever, I'm there. I got seats for L.A. also, didn't even go for floor this time because last year we were standing about 10 people back from the stage and I wanted seats this time.

Erik B. likes this.
  4. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Anybody know anything about the live nation mobile app presale? Do you need a password, etc ..? I'm looking to get Pav's for Blossom.

5. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

There were some real highlights that come to mind from the late 90s Texas shows I went to (Austin 97/98/99, Houston 98/99, Dallas 98) but I remember the ACL set being fairly pedestrian. Looking forward to the Austin show and that Dallas/Grand Prairie show has to be one of the smaller indoor venues they have played in the states for awhile. I think capacity is under 7000. That one may sell out quickly.

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

Last time I used it (not for Phish), no password was needed.

7. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Messy onsales for Philly and Merriweather. Terrace'd for Philly and no pavilions available at all for Merriweather. Hopefully a friend comes through with pavs for each night so I don't have to go the lawn route.

How is everyone else doing with their ticket buying attempts?

8. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

I was only in for Mann and MPP. Got mediocre pavs for MPP 1 and lawn for MPP 2 from Phish. Got lawns for both Mann shows through Ticketmaster. I don't mind the lawn, so it's fine with me.

9. wavethatflag

Sometimes the lawn is key. Plenty of room to move around. You can pass out on a blanket if you party too much. :D Just make sure it's your blanket.

10. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

Just got tickets for the Kansas City show. Really looking forward to this.

11. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Just tried to get a single ticket for the Nashville show and got shut out. :(

12. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

I'm very annoyed they are not returning to Toronto this summer. That's all I got to say about this.

13. mdphunk

Doesn't Nashville go on sale May 1st?

14. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I meant the Phish TBM. Was really hoping to avoid ticketbastard on this one, especially since all I was requesting was a single ticket to a single show.

15. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Shoreline is it for me this year. Got pavilion seats through the lottery. Wish there were more than 1 Bay Area show this year, but we had a good run for three years there.

16. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I want to do Magnaball in the worst way ... but I don't enjoy camping alone (I did that for SUPER BALL IX in 2011). I can't get anyone interested in going to Magnaball. I even offered to foot the cost of a ticket for a buddy of mine -- to no avail, I guess (no response). Maybe it's the thought of three days camping with me. All my friends hate Phish, BTW. Could be part of it.

17. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I got Dallas and Austin tickets. Want to do Dicks again this summer but I feel like TX is probably all I'll hit.

18. wavethatflag

One of the new songs debuted in Bend last night sounds pretty good. Interested to hear the opinion of @Crispy Rob on this, as well as others here. Listen to the jam after the initial verses, sort of a Garcia-esque jam in this one between Trey and also Page's clavinet.

I liquidated all my Phish summer tour tickets, and then got a call from a friend with an extra lawn ticket, so I may make it to Shoreline anyway, Rush the night before notwithstanding.

But enough about me, "No Man's Land" and more:

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    Fullbug likes this.
  19. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

Was kind of surprised there were three debuts last night of new material. Glad I webcasted it. No Man's Land was probably the highlight of the three. I remember liking Blaze On, and I did like Shade, though I can see how the latter won't go over well with the critics of Trey's songwriting of the last decade or so.

wavethatflag likes this.
  20. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Really liking the new tune ... good funk to it. Thanks for posting.

wavethatflag likes this.
  21. mdphunk

Loving NMINML, particularly for Trey's use of the Mu-Tron during his solo. It sounded straight out of a May '77 Dancin'!

Not a bad show last night for a tour opener. Muffed Horn solo aside, Trey's playing last night showed the merits of his practice for the Fare Thee Well shows.

JRM and wavethatflag like this.
  22. wavethatflag

Great post! I had written the exact same thing (didn't specify May though), but then I backed off because, I don't know, I had second thoughts. But yes, you are Dead on (pun-intended). That's why I had tagged Crispy Rob, as he's a huge '77 fan.

FTW showed how well Trey wears his Jerry influence. He played Jerry's parts but still sounded very much like himself. And then when I listen to live Phish, I can hear better just how much Trey was playing like Jerry. So my head sort of spins when it comes to gauging Jerry's influence on Trey/Phish.
    Yeah, I have no problem with Trey's songwriting. I like his solo albums, including Shine, which I know some don't like at all.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2015
    JRM likes this.
  23. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

wavethatflag likes this.
  24. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Listened at work, low volume through computer speakers, so not the ideal way to make a first impression, but I don't hear much May '77 GD (or Garcia in general) in this track, sounds like a decent, funky Phish tune with questionable lyrics, as usual, although not as bad as some, and I didn't catch that many of them. Seems like it would be fun live and could be a good jamming springboard, based on this listen I definitely would be happy enough to hear it if they play it again at Shoreline on Friday (the one show I'm catching this tour). It made a better impression on me than my first listen to most of the Fuego material other than the title track. Pretty nice Weekapaug going on here.

25. wavethatflag

I hear the '77 comparison a little, it happens after the first verses and before the last sung lines of the new song.

I really like Fuego. I'm ambivalent on Shoreline, so as of now more than likely not going. If they come around next year I'll be more than psyched to go, but on the last two CA runs I've seen them 7 times combined.

JRM likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.