Phish Tour Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Yankee8156, Mar 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

2. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Ray29 and Crispy Rob like this.
  3. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Thanks for posting the big jam from Shoreline. An old friend (we saw our first Phish show together in '89, in fact) had 6th row center tickets and his wife could not go, so he wound up letting another friend and I each move up to her seat for a set. I was fortunate enough to get the second set draw, so we were right in the belly of the beast for this one.

Erik B. likes this.
  4. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

The Twist is really amazing. Light, and Blaze On too, but wow that Twist is something else. I think beginning of second set is better than anything I saw at Forum, but I think the Forum show overall edges out Shoreline. Both top notch tho...

Erik B. likes this.
  5. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

The setlist for the Forum show looked great, and I'm hearing nothing but good things about it.

6. zakyfarms

zakyfarms White cane lying in a gutter in the lane.

You must have been right behind me! I was in the 5th row center.

7. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Nice! Well, for what it's worth if you saw two fairly tall forty-something guys with various degrees of facial hair boogieing and generally wigging out behind you, I was the one with the glasses, black hoodie, and brown Malkmus & the Jicks shirt with mushrooms on it.

8. zakyfarms

Were you with or next to Antelope Greg? He was directly behind me.

9. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

I don't know who he is, but my friend was to the left of me and two women that were part of a group of four or so folks were directly to my left, so we must have been just a bit over to one side of you. We were pretty much directly across from Fishman, so maybe slightly over toward Mike side.

[Edit: just found the text from my friend with the seat location, we were in 102, Row DD, seats 5-6.]

10. zakyfarms

http://phish.net/people/antelope-greg

Anyway, not that it matters but I was also in DD, seat 12 or so. I thought that was the 5th row...
    Closest I've been since riding the rail at Dick's in 2012. I kinda forgot how cool it can be to be so close, really watch the band's interactions, facial expressions etc. I was really getting into that, especially during the epic Twist. And with the bowl setup, we were basically at the same height as the band, making it feel even that much closer, unlike at Dick's where the stage is well above the entire floor.

11. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

Might have been 5th... Kind of glad I wasn't next to Antelope Greg after reading that link! I don't tend to get too close at GA shows and have only seen Bay Area shows for the last 17 years or so, so that was the first time I've been up that close since the February '97 Europe shows, definite was a treat watching the interactions from up that close.

12. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

I'm pretty excited for the two Texas shows to kick off tomorrow. These are the only ones I'm likely to attend this year.

Crispy Rob likes this.
  13. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Business conveniently put me in Dallas tomorrow, so I'll be heading to the Grand Prairie show tomorrow night. Snagged a nice seat from cashortrade.org, but the venue looks so small I feel like every seat there will be fantastic.

JRM, Crispy Rob and KOWHeigel like this.
  14. KDubATX

KDubATX A Darby Man Never Says When

They have not played Dallas since the Starplex show in '98. Between the small indoor setting, the long layoff (playing in the area), and the Trey/Ft. Worth connection, I'm expecting some kind of surprise or special moment.

Rev. MIke likes this.
  15. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

16. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

Lownote30 and phish like this.
  17. Crispy Rob

Crispy Rob Cat Juggler

It's the rockabilly they've apparently incorporated into their sound that's throwing things off.

Yankee8156 likes this.
  18. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member Thread Starter

Nashville and Blossom (8/4 and 8/7) will be webcast next week.

I really like the mid-week webcasts. Much easier to watch a webcast after getting home from work than taking a weekend evening to sit on the couch. Keep 'em coming...

19. mdphunk

Haven't had a chance to post in the past few days, but the Grand Prairie show on Wednesday night was very fun. Actually my first time in 79 shows that I went alone, so it was a cool experience meeting/bonding with my neighbors and going wherever I wanted without worrying about what my friends were doing.

CDT was the obvious highlight, but the entire show had great energy.

Also, the venue, while not necessarily a warm and fuzzy place due to its modern/commercial feel, was fantastic for watching the show. Very small, intimate, and possibly the best sound I've ever heard at a Phish show.

Crispy Rob and Yankee8156 like this.
  20. fluff4u

fluff4u Forum Resident

Not sure why you would say Chalk Dust Torture was the highlight? I wasn't there but watch the webcast and thought the highlights were first set PYITE, Divided sky, squirming coil even simple>silent in the morning. Best show of the tour so far.

JAG likes this.
  21. mdphunk

The 15 minute jam certainly helped.

JRM and brew ziggins like this.
  22. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

This is the only other indoor show this tour right?
    I thought Hood was the highlight. Great first set but I like the Forum first set more. Show was way way better than ATX, but not as good as Shoreline or LA. IMO of course :)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  23. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

24. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Sick type-II Kill Devil Falls going down right now at Lakewood...can't wait to hear this later...

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  25. JRM

JRM Forum Resident

Ummmm, OK. This 23 minute KDF is unreal. Always loved this tune, never thought they would do anything like this to it though. Jaw on floor. Great first set with an amazing Ghost...but the entire second set is fire, including a late set Reba that is simply majestic. Easily best show of tour IMO, and one of the best 3.0 shows I have heard.

Can't believe we are only seven shows into tour, and that this second set could be topped. WTF.

Aaron's Amphitheatre at Lakewood
    Atlanta, GA | July 31, 2015
    Showtime | 7:00 pm
    Show Poster By James Weinberg | http://goo.gl/9qaV2Y

Set One

Prince Caspian >
    No Men In No Man's Land
    Ghost
    The Wedge
    The Moma Dance
    How Many People Are You?
    Rift