Phish: What Are You Listening To?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by B-Mike, Jul 27, 2015.

1. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

Man, you should really check out Scent Of A Mule from 9/6/2016 Dick's. Epic and crazy.

Erik B. likes this.
  2. JimSmiley

JimSmiley Team Blue Note

07/16/2017

Erik B. likes this.
  3. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

adamos likes this.
  4. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

5. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

What time do they usually go on?

6. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Just started now

7. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

I love Peaches

Complier and adamos like this.
  8. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

Free webcast !!

Complier likes this.
  9. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Roggae was good, nice mellow vibe

Complier likes this.
  10. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

Loving the show so far! Real nice quality on the webcast too - Looks and sounds great coming through the Apple TV on my main system

adamos and Erik B. like this.
  11. Jack_Straw

Setlist so far?

I've got:

[ EDIT: Deleted incorrect setlist - correct one posted below ]

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  12. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

Phish.net has:

Tuesday (Phish debut)
    Peaches
    Free
    Roggae
    Sugar Shack
    Maze

Jack_Straw likes this.
  13. Jack_Straw

Cool, thanks! I walked in when they were doing that "bouncing around the room" verse in Free and got confused... thought it was some kind of ">" medley or something.

14. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

15. KOWHeigel

KOWHeigel Forum Resident

Great second set so far ... currently in nice Ghost jam

nitsuj and adamos like this.
  16. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

Really enjoyed the second set

17. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Great second set tonight. They've really been on fire in those 3rd quarter jams the last few nights. I'm really excited for Baker's Dozen!

18. GuidedByJonO)))

GuidedByJonO))) Forum Resident

Well, I finally had chance to get my Live Phish CDs out of storage to see how bad the damage was from the weird plastic melting/decomposition issue. For now I just got them out of the sleeves and have them laid out on some towels to "air out" (for whatever that is worth) until I can try and clean them and get some new jewel cases. But I can tell already that I've definitely lost 20-30% of my discs. I'm very, very unhappy tonight and considering giving up collecting for good.

I had 10 of the first 12 volumes, I can tell without any cleaning that Volumes 1, 10 and 12 are never going to work again. The goo ate clear through the CDs, so you can see globs of almost completely transparent sections straight through the disc. The other discs all look good enough on the playing side, but who knows. I'm going to bed tonight a very, very unhappy person.

19. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Such a bummer, but we've known about this issue for years--what took you so long?

I only bought about three or four of the volumes when they came out, including a couple of the Halloween shows, and I gave up on trying to de-goo them. They're toast. It's a bummer, they weren't cheap.

20. GuidedByJonO)))

I only learned about it through these very forums, a year or so ago when I first joined. Now that I've googled it for an hour, I'm shocked myself at how I could have possible missed it. But I did. I dunno, I never really hang around at the phish.net forums or other Phish forums, but I'm surprised I didn't hear about the issue sooner. I know its my own fault for not getting them out sooner, which makes me more furious with myself and ready to throw in the towel.

21. wavethatflag

You have my complete sympathy, I have a lot of LivePhish volumes and didn't even know about the melt issue until I read it here maybe 2 years ago. They were in storage for many years, but I'd flip through them once in a while and every time after I received an order from Dry Goods, because I was keeping all the complimentary logo and other stickers (which I still have of course) in the "Showcase." Anyway, after reading about it here, I checked my discs for melt and it had happened, but only in a minor way such that none of the discs were ruined.

I kind of think of the Showcase and Coventry in the same way--the dark, bummer side of the Phish experience.

Anyway, you're entitled to your grieving process, but you won't stop collecting.

Crispy Rob and GuidedByJonO))) like this.
  22. GuidedByJonO)))

Thanks, I know I'm far from the only one to deal with this issue. It just sucks, particularly because I've always been very diligent about taking great care of my collection.

23. acetboy

acetboy Forum Resident

I ignored those discs for years thinking someday I needed to clean them.
    Didn't realize how bad it would be.
    They were all ruined.
    I threw out all of them a couple of weeks ago.
    I had all the volumes.

24. GuidedByJonO)))

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Such a bummer that a lazy (cheap?) packaging decision could render so much music worthless for so many.

25. wavethatflag

I lived in a rented house for a year. I had all my discs in the basement because I've ripped everything to lossless. Anyway, I keep them real nice in special plastic CD storage trays. One day I moved one of the storage trays to the center of this basement room to look for something. When I was done, I left the tray on the floor under a water pipe. I noted it was under a water pipe and I should move it back, but I was lazy. And what's the chance the pipe would ever leak anyway? I had no reason to think that would ever happen. Months later, the pipe leaked, and the water totally ruined the booklets and inserts for about 20 CDs, including Pete Townshend's White City which I bought in London in the 80s when it came out.

These things happen. You can't take them with you, anyway. :D

budwhite and Erik B. like this.