DCC Archive Physical Graffiti on Classic Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ben, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben

Ben New Member Thread Starter

Does anyone have this issue and if so can I learn if...

The packaging is all original as advertised. That would mean both sleeves with separate "building" art and the white oversleeve with the letters that spell out the album title on the windows on the cover when inserted over the two inner sleeves...

And, oh yeah...how does it sound?

Best to the Board,(and thanks in advance)

Ben
    [​IMG]

[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: Ben ]

2. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

Ben,

The packaging is as advertised. I think it sounds very good. I don't have the original to compare it with but on it's own it's very enjoyable...

Todd

3. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

How true is the remaster to the original release? I could never accept any tampering with LZ. Never.

4. Ben

Ben New Member Thread Starter

Pig:

Agreed. Thanks to all for your input!

Ben

"Rosebud - dead or alive." :cool:

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

III Rocks toooo. Snarf em all.

6. pigmode

pigmode Active Member

I really
    want to, but I won't have a turntable till next year to test it on. You know, warpage etc.

Are they still in print? Do you think they will be available next year? I don't want to pay collectors prices.

7. Todd Fredericks

Pig,

I think these titles will still be in print next year. Zep 1 & 2 were released last year and they're still readily available. I think Classic Records have these titles for 3 years or so. I've never come across an RTI pressings with warpage problems yet some pressing scratches is another story...

Todd

8. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Ya kn000w, RTI has nothing to do with production runs, it's Zep Leppelin and Atlantic Wekkerds and licensing. I would assume it's like most DCCs and MFSLs of years gone by. You can ignore buying them for a year or two, but once you turn your head for longer, DOH!

Classic Records did a phenom job. They have a habbit of really REALLY short and collectable production runs for their 45RPM and most of their Jazz series (which is to die for, I'm verklept). Just don't sit on it too long. I've got 3 of them Zeps and I'm behind.

-Sckott

9. Todd Fredericks

Sckott,

I was talking about the RTI vinyl pressings (da plant)... Their QC sometimes is not so hot.

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.