Pink Floyd Animals 32DP 360: I was Wrong

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by J_D__, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

$600.00. Egad.

2. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Yes I won!!! :goodie:

just kidding

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

That is too much - and I was an economics major.

4. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

nothing to do with this but I was going to sell mine this week along with a dvd player

5. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

the cd will probably bring a lot more than the dvd player :laugh:

6. steveharris

steveharris Senior Member

you are probably right.
    I do not have the obi but the cd is mint I was going to put in the classifieds tommorow,today whatever this is

7. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

gl with it :righton:

8. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

I'm surprised that you guys are surprised:shrug:. The last 3 with OBIs have all got to nearly $700 over the last 12 months.

Prior to this one was Progmog's and that also hit $670. There was even a thread last year asking if this was the new 35DP-4.

9. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

I wonder how much the OBI alone would sell for? I actually considered buying this CD and then try to get most of the money back by selling the OBI (which I don't care about)... do you guys think an OBI like that could have been sold alone for $400 or $500 ???

10. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I would be very careful. If you really want one, be patient and just pay the $100 or so and get one. I have been trawling CD stores in Japan for 20 years, and I swear that this one is not THAT rare (nothing like the 35DP-4 or the Final Cut 35DP-53). They are uncommon but available. Heck, I have a few in my collection, I just need to find them.

11. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

;)

12. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident

I'm a wild and crazy guy :wave:

13. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

I remember when only the 35DP-4's were selling for this kind of money but the "Animals" wasn't. The last several I've seen have gone for these amounts.

As Vernon has said, Pink Floyd fans really put out the money for (all) these CDs.

14. KeithH

The prices for this Animals disc are ridiculous, as it is not that rare. We're probably looking at people filling in their Pink Floyd CD + OBI strip collection. For the hardcore collector who has all the other original Floyd discs with OBI strips, missing this Animals disc is not an option. Such a collector will pay whatever it takes.

15. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member Thread Starter

What happens to the value of this CD if MFSL issues a superior sounding Animals CD?

16. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

nothing-it was bought for the OBI

17. KeithH

First, don't count on it. Second, there will always be collectors of these early pressings, especially copies with the OBI strips.

18. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I stand by my posts. I still think that if you see it, you ought to buy it, but I meant at a reasonable price. For goodness sake, I don't think an audiophile should pay $600 and hope to sell the obi just to have a copy of this disc! Someone will sell him one in the $100 range. In fact, if he can't find one, I'll put my money where my mouth is, because I checked and I have more than one of these.

This one was bought for the obi. Plain and simple. By the way, one with an obi was just on sale in Japan on the auction site. I bid a logical amount, and I am sure I have been outbid by a mile, but I'll check what the final price was and let you all know.

19. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

20. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Auction in Japan ended at about $300. It had a frail looking obi - without tears, but I think that one on Ebay was a little better looking because of the deepness of the red color.

Wow . . . . thank god I began collecting Japan CD's in 1988. The funny thing is, all these years, I have been happy because with the Japanese obsession over obis, I could usually find CD's I wanted for very reasonable prices by just settling for a copy without the obi. In retrospect, I should have bought the ones with obis. Oh well, it sure as hell is too late now.

21. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident

Mark - I must be the crazy one :laugh:

:cheers:

22. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I have 2 of these discs sans obi.

The first I bought in April 2008 for 130USD, the second a month later for 77USD - both on eBay. I paid the higher price for the first as I had been looking for it for some time. The second was probably 'luck' as I didn't even snipe it if I recall. No action on it whatsoever.

23. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member Thread Starter

I appoligize as I didn't mean it that way. It's hard to believe what some CDs are selling for IMHO...JD

24. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

..and in 2006 there was a sealed one which went for $67..but that was then and this is now!

25. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I wouldn't sweat it - we're all crazy....I've bid against Mark and will confirm it :shh: :D :angel:

How's it going Darren :wave: I'm only speaking of a period 6 months ago. Seems a lot of CD prices are coming down in the last few months but these discs keep going up up up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.