Pink Floyd Animals 32DP 360: I was Wrong

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by J_D__, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Great thanks Paul and you?(apart from the bloody weather!,what happened to summer :realmad:)

Incidentally, anyone who has been watching this will also note a non OBI cd listed..shall we see what that goes for? (hint, it won't be $100):winkgrin:

2. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

About the same - we had no summer here either.

I'll vote for 200 - 250 on the non-obi disc :)
    Have dealt with that seller before.

3. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

This is the problem with that one:

Which is just plain stupid... actually, if they sell this 3200 yen priced CD for, say, 200 USD, and they put 200 USD in the customs form, they are falsifying it! :realmad:

Just ridiculous...

4. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

It wouldn't matter, because the sound is not the issue, since the 32DP mastering is the same as other unremastered Columbia/CBS pressings from the U.S., Canada, and Japan.

It's the obi, and only the obi.:D

5. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Well its already at $125 with nearly 2 days to go :sigh:

6. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Speaking of OBI strips, there was a 35DP 2 copy of Billy Joel The Stranger with the box-type OBI strip on eBay recently for $329.99. Of course, I thought it was ridiculously overpriced. The seller had it in his eBay Store, which meant that it was listed for at least 30 days. It sat there and sat there. Wouldn't you know it, but someone scooped it up on the last day. I'm thinking someone saw the listing about to end and panicked, thinking they wouldn't have the opportunity to buy the OBI strip again.

7. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Ah, the Popdelica ladies. Well, their stuff always sells well, because they are such great sellers. Great packaging - you know how people put bubble wrap in the CD case to keep the disc from coming loose in shipment -- have you noticed that they cut that bubble wrap in a circular shape to match the CD? Amazing.

8. LesPaul666

For that kinda cash the 'Popdelica Ladies' should hand-deliver it to your door with coffee and cake.:D

9. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Yeah. It's like Progmog's auctions. I rarely ever win anything from them because I always get outbid.

10. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

256USD - do I win a prize ;)

11. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

For a non-obi?

You did OK, , but you paid about $50 more that I did... :D

But hey, why worry, at least you got a Grail!

:cheers:

12. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Oh - I didn't buy it - I have 2 already for much less. Just playing the guess the price game :)

13. nelamvr6

nelamvr6 Music Lover

:D

Well the sad news is that that would not be an outrageous price for a non-obi Animals...

14. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

oh, I think this is where we came in :angel:

(Well done Paul.:D)

15. LesPaul666

No offense, But I'll never understand $600.00 for a paper sash.:D

16. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

Well... I can understand collectors and that collectors take their collections very serious. A first press japanese CD with OBI is NOT a CD with OBI for a serious collector. It's just a very rare item that makes his collection much better and more complete, and eventually much more valuable also.

So, CD+OBI for 600 USD doesn't shock me... it's a collector thing.

Now... the CD without the OBI, for a serious collector, it's NOT a colletor item and that's why it is much more shocking to see that people will pay 256 USD for a 20 years + old CD that isn't even a grail mastering (there must be unique mastering to qualify as a grail I suppose) and you can buy several other much more common and cheaper CD's with the same mastering.

That's ok... I would pay 200 USD for that CD! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Why? Well... I don't really know... maybe I'm just hoping the pressing is better... Anyway, I admit I'm a complete freak and crazy individual who needs help!

:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.