Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

I would vomit if this was the cover.

PDK, vitorbastos123, 81531 and 3 others like this.
  2. aakko

aakko Forum Resident

Grundman vinyl is stunning. It's the only version I listen to. It's definitely my favorite of 2016 vinyl reissues.

mando_dan and rontoon like this.
  3. Fuller

Fuller Forum Resident

Just realised I purchased this very album on vinyl 40 years ago this week ... and still love it. Roger was an angry man on Animals. Gilmour and Wright absolutely sublime. Drums a bit "muddy" though.

A nice new two or three disc set would be great, but expecting a single 5.1 SACD.

squittolo likes this.
  4. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

I don't know if it was in their repertoire at the time, but I don't need another version of "Careful with that Number, 52" :laugh:

5. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

6. Pappas3278

Pappas3278 Forum Peasant

Hey, ya know, since you're there...don't be afraid to remix for STEREO too! :wave:

7. Kalli

Kalli Forum Resident

Wasn't Careful played 1977 for the last time? A great version, I would not complain if it would be included as a hidden track on the bluray that is needed to be extracted by some weird software, muxed and what ever to make it accessible :nyah:

8. eyeCalypso

eyeCalypso Forum Resident

Hay y'all let me know when this comes out, mkay.

andrewskyDE and dkmonroe like this.
  9. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

This is the "Somebody said this would happen" thread. Next comes the "Release date" thread, in which we spend 4-6 months chattering about it before it gets released. Then comes the "It Arrived!" thread where we take pictures, post reviews, and express disappointment.

10. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

How dare you point a camera at us and display our puerility!

;) :evil: :righton:

You forgot the part where we keep each other informed about the important info that mine is being shipped, it's in city X and will be here in X days and finally it arrived today.

11. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Don't forget the original 2.0 in hi-rez please.

12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Also how it's here, but I don't have time to listen today, but plan to, in the coming weeks. Will report back then.

Lost In The Flood and dkmonroe like this.
  13. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Listening to the 5.1 mix of Meddle (thanks to a fellow SH member :)). Can't wait for Animals on 5.1 and an official release of Meddle and Obscured by Clouds. Now that would be awesome :cool:!

14. dkmonroe

I'd buy those in a minute too.

mark winstanley and Bill Mac like this.
  15. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Take a number :D!

16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I'm currently waiting for mine to be shipped after I receive shipping confirmation after I buy it after the official announcement.

17. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

Don't forget the"there is a 27 second demo that exists that was not on this release" phase, which of course means the whole thing stinks and it's a money grab.

18. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Fixed that for ya ;)

dkmonroe and anth67 like this.
  19. Can you please point me to a source to purchase Meddle in 5.1? I have Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here on SACD and love them both.

Thanks.

20. dkmonroe

The only way to purchase the 5.1 mix of Meddle is to get a first pressing of the Early Years box and then rip the Blu-ray of the module titled Reverber/ation. If you buy the standalone box of Reverber/ation, it does not include the 5.1 mix of Meddle.

The reason that it's so tricky is that its inclusion in the Early Years box was a mistake. Reportedly there was some controversy within the band about who to use to mix Meddle and the 5.1 was done without the consent of one member. Consequently the 5.1 mix was included on the Blu-ray but not indexed so you can't find it from the menu - you have to rip the Blu-ray to your computer to find it.

The 5.1 mix is naturally making the rounds through unauthorized non-commercial means so if you're into that sort of thing, you might be able to find it.

recroom and ThePinkFloyd like this.
  21. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

It was a one off final encore at the May 9 Oakland show. Apparently Snowy White had never even heard of the song, let alone heard it, before they started playing it!:laugh:

22. ThePinkFloyd

ThePinkFloyd Forum Resident

..And if you do have the means to find it and get it, I highly recomend you do so. It's great! (IMO)

melo85, Myke, drum_cas and 1 other person like this.
  23. Frozensoda

Frozensoda Forum Resident

How could I’ve spent 45 years on this Earth, 31 of them listening to Pink Floyd, and not known that fact?

That’s what I love about this forum. I think my knowledge of certain subjects, like Pink Floyd, is encyclopedic, but then I find out there’s so much I don’t know.

rontoon and drum_cas like this.
  24. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

Replace Pink Floyd with life, and you've illustrated the dilemma of maturation...

rontoon and Frozensoda like this.
  25. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

Animals in 5.1......a reason to keep living.

melo85, boboquisp, weekendtoy and 2 others like this.