PINK FLOYD "Animals" w/BOX-OBI 32DP-360

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by JohnD, Feb 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnD

JohnD California Addict Thread Starter

2. Wow, I gotta tellya, I got to hear this CD recently (not mine) and it really does sound effin good! If I thought I had enough stuff to sell off to pay for this one I'd be sorely tempted to bid...

-s1m0n-

3. JohnD

I have the 28DP, does the 32DP sound better?

John

4. Bertly

Bertly Senior Member

How much does one in nice condition without obi usually go for?

5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Pink Floyd box obis don't come up often enough for there to be a "market" of any kind. You see the CD's from time to time, but a mint obi is pretty rare. I am thinking that this is actually a high, but not obscene price. The CD w/o obi is rare, but used to sell for $50 - $60 or so, but that's probably ancient history by now.

6. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

John -

I suspect not, but I only have the 32DP, so I can't be sure. This might have been covered in past threads.

7. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

There was a 32DP that sold for $60 last night. I have one or I'd have bought it.

Regarding the sound, I thought someone who had both said the 32DP sounded better. I would suggest the "Animals" thread, however. I haven't read it, but that should be a good source. (Do a search)

8. chargrove

chargrove Forum Resident

I noticed that the peak levels match ( :whistle: ) on the 32DP and the silverface Nippon Columbia/Denon Japan-for-US CK##### pressing. If you don't want to spring for the 32DP, find that one and you might be happy...YMMV.

9. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

It always amazes me how much people are willing to pay for an obi. I mean hundreds of dollars many times just for the obi. Glad I don't care about them very much.

10. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

11. JohnD

RutRow!! :hide:
    Just trying to help, I hope you get it.

12. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

13. The Great One

The Great One formerly known as SCARSE

Egg-shell City!

14. Evan

Evan Senior Member

I have the 28DP also. I doubt that the 32DP would sound good enough to make me spend more than $50 to find out for sure.

15. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Aww C'mon Evan its already at $800 thanks to it being posted here-it must be worth that right?

The last one was sealed and went for $700+ and they say that posting here has NO INFLUENCE on prices :mad:

"its a bit of Fun, I like it when people post links here-I don't have to search for them" yeah great thanks a bunch guys, lap it up!

(and before anyone gets arsey with me-Yes I have 3 copies already-but I want this one ok?)

16. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

17. dbz

dbz Bolinhead.

Barry-you are so right :righton:

18. oldschool

oldschool I love tape hiss

IMO, the only way to do this efficiently is by completely removing this forum section.

19. The Great One

I'm sure anyone who has dealt with corvus81b have been more than happy as he is a top seller, but I must say that auctions like this, where the price is going through the roof and all bidders identities are hidden does make me a tad wary that 1 or 2 of these bidders could be shoving up the price for the sheer hell of it!

20. The Great One

All or Nothing!

21. rburly

What about BINs? Those used to be the only ones (for the most part) that were ever posted.

I DO have to admit that if I was bidding on an item that I would be ... uhem, upset (to say the least) if someone posted a link to an auction I was trying to get at the lowest price. I also admit that this being an audiophile site (for the most part) would bring much more attention to auctions for rare items than your regular Yahoo Forum.

22. The Great One

There just seems to be a lot of (strong) mixed feelings on this subject and I doubt its going to be possible to please everyone, hence my tad cold 'All or Nothing' :eek: ..... and a slap on the back of the legs for anyone who can't tow the line :laugh:

I will add that I am one of the people who does their own hard work trawling though ebay for hours on end :yawn:

23. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

If one types '35DP 4' into Google, it brings up the following as the top three links.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-99919-p-2.html

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/archive/index.php/t-64678.html

http://www.omgili.com/omgili.search?q=pink+floyd+35dp-4

Even the third link takes you to yet another list of links where (no surprises) the top 5 results are this very forum.

A lot of people hit this site because often it can link them with things they couldn't be bothered to search for themselves, IMHO.

Regards

24. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Other than smacking legs, I'm in agreement.... :D

If we can't have just BIN's, I'd rather see nothing posted but links from the actual seller.

But either way, I do feel something should be done...we have kind people trying to do a good deed and getting mixed reviews. I don't feel it's their fault...until I saw someone get upset, I thought posting links to live auctions was ok too. Because of someone getting upset, I started thinking about other points of view....and I changed my mind. Still, there should be a better way to learn.

I've never seen a complaint about someone posting a buy it now..and we won't see complaints about someone not posting stuff....so I think those are the best two options.

I have to say though...I love a good debate and this one has been fantastic! Lots of angles and stuff to consider...it's really a headache from one perspective, but from another...it's excellent training for considering others.

25. rburly

David, let me add a bit to my last post. I think BINs and Sellers auctions should be fine. (I don't think the OP was being malicious, but...)

I do remember people posting outrageous auctions and closed auctions of interest here before. But when it effects members who were already in the posted auction, feelings will escalate. Maybe as members we can self-police and report future live auctions and give the reason for the report. It doesn't help this one, but it may help the next one(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.