Pink Floyd DSOTM Immersion - Got mine today (part2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MilesSmiles, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My box came from Amazon a week or so ago and all discs were secured in their slots.

Lucky, I guess.

Continueing to love the Quad mix in stereo on Blu-ray.

2. sparkydog

sparkydog Forum Resident

3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Very nice. I'm doing something similar with 2 double jewel cases. But I've copied 2 of the CDs and the audio-only DVD so I don't have to spin the originals. :)

4. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

Exactly, they should use their brain more.

5. etzeppy

etzeppy Forum Resident

Someone else in this thread was having issues playing the MC tracks on a Panasonic Blu-Ray player. You might hunt back and see if it is the same model. Support for LPCM is supposed to be included with all Blu-Ray machines but there could be some issue the Panasonic's implementation.

p.s. here is the post I was thinking of http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showpost.php?p=7001014&postcount=733
    It was a Phillips not a Panasonic but it does sound like a similar issue.

6. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Thanks, but after much crawling about on hands and knees, delving deep into setup menus and turning the air blue, I've sussed it.

My (getting on in years) Kenwood receiver has two optical ports. I switched the cable to the other one and - hey presto - I get ticking clocks and alarms all over the place!

The other optical port has served me well all these years - this is the first time I've had problems with it!

St. Troy likes this.
  7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

You can't use what ya don't have. :laugh:

8. hutchy

hutchy Forum Resident

I live in Australia and it worked out $30.00 cheaper for me, even with expedited shipping, to import a Dark Side Immersion set from Amazon USA. I had many sleepless nights, imagining my precious set being moved from plane to truck to depot to truck etc while my CD's rubbed together loose from their spindles. Anyway, my package arrived yesterday and to my great relief, all discs were still secure on their spindles. I breathed a great sigh but agree; I hope EMI learn from their mistakes and have the WYWH set pacakged a little more smartly. I can live with the discs stored on the back panel, no problem there, but for shipping they should be individually wrap the CD's in either paper or plastic sleeves...similar to the paper / plastic mailing sleeves used to post CD's without jewel cases. The happy purchaser can then remove them from their temporary sleeves and fix them to their spindles.

9. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

But, of course, the answer is 'it depends'. If your pre-pro has better D/A converters than your player (or redigitizes everything on input) then you are better of going the HDMI route (as I do).

10. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

Don't believe that to be the case. I thought the live disc was all from the same original show?

11. Smiths22

Smiths22 Well-Known Member

as a matter of fact i bought the experience edition too a few minutes ago...i hate those scratches on the immersion ones. Not buying the wish you were here immersion box, only the experience one.

12. pinkpotato

pinkpotato Forum Resident

Most of it is, but not all. Parts are from other shows. I think the Rick vocals in Time are punched in from another night (or slightly Autotuned or something - they were pretty out of tune on the original broadcast). If you line them up in Audacity they don't match up. And Us and Them and the Money intro are from another night. I'm sure there's more but that's what comes to mind right away....

13. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

Got my replacement copy with loose scratched discs. they can keep sending more copies till they get one to me that isn't damaged as far as I am concerned. But what they need to do is ship the dang discs seperately. I now have two boxes. Wonder how this will be resolved. Will they send a third box? At some point they are losing money. I think they muct already be there.

14. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Same thing for us here when we order from Amazon US.
    The "great deal" is obviously for Canadians, as we get free shipping on this item and the shipping speed is very fast just like ordering domestically from US within the US.

I would never order from Amazon US to Canada, I ship to a friend in Buffalo and periodically pick up when I'm visiting.

15. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Of interest:
    [​IMG]

St. Troy likes this.
  16. GreenDrazi

GreenDrazi Truth is beauty

Just be careful with piling up returns. Many retailers have a low limit on how many times you can return the same item (like 2 or 3x max).

17. floyd

floyd Senior Member

I had to return my first Immersion box as some of the discs were scratched up the new one arrive in great shape. I thought that if the new one also arrived with scratched up discs I would hope they were at least different discs and could make a good set out of the two.
    All my discs are now in Super Jewel Boxes. I need to make some cover art for them.

18. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Hey dose anyone know what "objects" are being used in the Household Objects peice. I thought they were doing it with no musical insturments but is that a bass or some rubberbands? They have a book of credits with the set but I did not find that info.

19. fra_pe

fra_pe Forum Resident

Very Nice

Very nicely done, your storage set. Do you share your graphics etc.?

20. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

That bass was all rubber bands. Incredible sounding, eh?:goodie:

21. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Yes that does sound great. I have heard about the household object project for years it is nice to finally hear a peice of it. I wonder how much more they have and if any vocals were going to be added.

22. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

They didn't even ask me to return the first box. So I have two. I specifically asked them to just send replacement discs this time. We will see what they have to say. In the end all I want is one new, undamaged product. It's up to Overstock.com tom to figure out how they are going to accomplish that.

23. dobyblue

dobyblue Forum Resident

Have you checked out this person's cover art using a multi-disc Blu-ray box?

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mu...sets-w-blu-ray-fall-2011-a-5.html#post5267345

I think it looks pretty sweet.

24. That does look like a good idea, much better than the design of a box we got from the label that barely holds its content.

25. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.