Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Y'know, I keep reading about the sound, but not the performances. I read much earlier that the performances, save for a few, are not as inspired as others of the same music. On the other hand, an above poster mentioned that they were so impressed with the new vinyl overthe CD.

englishbob likes this.
  2. dkurtis

dkurtis sonoftheFather

I guess you had to be there. :shrug:

3. Fraggle

Fraggle Active Member

Does the new one sounds better than the original pressing?

filson9 likes this.
  4. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

They're the same performances as the CD (with the exception of "One of These Days"). It's on streaming services, if you're curious about what those performances are like

5. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

I think the real achievement with this new mastering is the way the performances come off as really exemplary of the given material. I don't know if I need to feel that every tune sounds 'inspired.' I wasn't as fond of the DSOTM material with the DVD. Now, I find it incredibly worthwhile to listen to it all the way through. I'm not a big fan of the Wall material, but each of those tracks on this set satisfies. Comfortably Numb sound particularly good. Crazy good solo!

6. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I used to be of the opinion that Delicate Sound beats out Pulse probably mostly based on the sound quality of the set. This set has me re-evaluating that, it's that good. I really do like both albums in different ways. I really hope this is just a warm up and the true live classics Dark Side in '73 and Is There Anybody Out There are also released on vinyl... and top it off with Live In Gdansk!

drum_cas likes this.
  7. Adam Pajda

Adam Pajda Forum Resident

Has anyone from Europe pre-ordered PULSE from Amazon.com (from USA) and was given tracking number from UPS I-Parcel? I read nothing but bad reviews about that shipping company and was wondering when I can expect the delivery. Anyone living in Europe received their PULSE from USA already?

8. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Mine has been shipped with someone called Landmarks Global who I have never heard of. They are then going to pass it onto Hermes here in the UK so I have no idea what state it will arrive in.

I haven’t had any tracking updates since Friday

9. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Actually mine is now in the UK so hopefully yours will reach Poland imminently

10. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Not a big fan of PF without Waters, all though I have the Japanese mini sleeve of the Pulse box and really like the performance and sound quality. I am a vinyl hound by nature, so is this that good on the new remastered set, that I should make the investment, or just save the money for something else. I did just get Relics and that sounds amazing on vinyl!

11. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

As I've been somewhat busy I haven't yet have time to listen to this in full, but for the few songs I have heard so far really made impact on me.
    I've never heard the original-pressing, but this is just amazing and it has so huge and wide sound. I had prejudice but once I heard the first few songs I was relieved.
    Im so glad that I finally own this wonderful live-album on vinyl and it sounds great! Looking definitely forward to listening this in full soon..

JNTEX and scotti like this.
  12. floyd1981

floyd1981 Member

Hi, I have one question. Which version do You have, US or UE ?

13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

I have the EU-version.

14. JNTEX

JNTEX Lava Police

I picked up the US at my local, have not opened it yet.

15. Adam Pajda

When did you receive the first tracking info? I got the information that the parcel is in Edison, USA the day before yesterday. No updates yesterday. What was the tracking history with your parcel?

16. Moroboshi

Moroboshi Well-Known Member

I'm in Switzerland and received it yesterday without prior notification or a tracking number. It was very nicely packaged inside a good quality mailer with nice corner protection and further packaged inside the usual Amazon box. I'm very satisfied!

17. Adam Pajda

Did you also pre-order it from American Amazon?

18. Moroboshi

Moroboshi Well-Known Member

yes, amazon.com. And a correction: They did confirm the shipping on May 17 but didn't give me a tracking number. Delivery seems to have been made by UPS.

19. Adam Pajda

Same here, UPS is the shipping company for my box as well. I received the shipping confirmation on May 18 so maybe it'll arrive today/tomorrow.

20. Opeth

Opeth Forum Resident

So glad to have this, just finished side 3, perfect so far. Very happy with the clean pressings and sound quality. This tour was my first show I was 16 !

theshape likes this.
  21. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Yeah man, I was 18, went with all my friends (Phoenix show) - even bought extra tickets in the nosebleeds for my mom & dad and uncle&aunt. One of those defining moments. Still have vivid memories 24 years later!

22. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Re-listening to this fantastic set again and Hey You is an absolute highlight! Incredible version of this song!

23. Clucking

Clucking Elixir of Life

Agreed - Hey You has always been my favorite nugget in this set. Whoever comes in to sing the second half of the song really nails the raw emotion.

Jam757 likes this.
  24. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

That should be the great Guy Pratt.

Clucking likes this.
  25. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

You mean Jon Carin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.