Pink Floyd - PULSE rereleased on vinyl - official

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mestreech, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leonthepro

Leonthepro Skeptically Optimistic

They will

marcb and myles like this.
  2. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I know. The original CD box had it, though, but the reissue doesn't.

3. Spinmeout

Spinmeout Forum Resident

I'd love this but there's a part of me asking myself, how much are you actually going to listen to it?

I don't own any box sets at all because I just know they'll sit on the shelf as an ornament and I'll hardly ever actually play the albums inside.

4. spintheblack72

spintheblack72 Forum Resident

I sold the original and made a pretty penny on it, I just couldn't see myself playing it that much, if I want to relive this I'll just watch the DVD.

Though I'm glad those who want this will get an opportunity to get it now.

I think I might be interested if they did some kind of a best of the Early years set on vinyl but even Echoes wouldn't bother me, I had that like Pulse and rarely played it.

I've always been a studio albums fan, live albums and compilations are something I can't be bothered with. They are my favourite band but I'm too old and don't have the disposable income to be a completist.

Those that want to buy and buy are welcome but I wonder sometimes that you can only have so much because it will get to the point that it just sits on the shelf, I'm only buying what I know I'll play over and over again these days.

joshm2286, cubbykat and Baidur like this.
  5. Yeah even though I’m a vinyl guy I’d also probably go with a video version of this.

spintheblack72 likes this.
  6. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

I’m in.

Jack likes this.
  7. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

I am so in.

8. Totti is god

Totti is god Forum Resident

9. Leonthepro

Same here

10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hmm, let's see what the prize will be around the release date. I'd like to have the live album on vinyl, it's a great one.

11. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

yea, i'll get it.
    But the show isn't that amazing. Shine on is missing 1 of the solos. Something gilmour has been doing since the 80's. So, shine on is slightly gimped. Also none of my favourite division bell tracks. Like wearing the inside out/marooned/cluster one. And finally, even back in the 70's the darkside of the moon never translated too well in a live setting. It doesn't really compare to the studio version. Except maybe money. money was extended live and is pretty cool. The Time solo is a decent highlight live as well. Everything else falls short imo.

As for encores? same old same old. abitw pt2, run like hell, CN,one of these days,wish you were here. These have been done to death.

So overall Not too amazing. Hope it sounds as good as Gilmour's live in Pompeii on vinyl. Pompeii sounded awesome.

12. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

once the price goes down a bit.... I am in.

Psychedelic Good Trip likes this.
  13. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Agreed.

14. Leonthepro

The price only goes up for vinyl my friends.

15. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

if it doesn't end up on insound.com, then I will use a 20% coupon from Soundstage or Music Direct when they offer them.

joshm2286 likes this.
  16. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident Thread Starter

No not always. There are plenty promotions from Amazon in Europe so I bet this box will come cheaper.

joshm2286 likes this.
  17. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Says "no further discounts" on their sites

18. John D.

John D. Senior Member

Regarding Soundstage, 20% off, it only applies on purchases over $100.00 and the price for the Pulse LP is $99.99 :biglaugh:

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  19. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

So you add something which costs a penny. But again, if it's like AS or MD, NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS on it.

joshm2286 likes this.
  20. Chellovek

Chellovek Forum Resident

myles likes this.
  21. 81531

81531 Forum Resident

It's nice that it's being re-released now after almost 25 years.
    But far too expensive for something I can easily get for under 10 euros on CD...
    This is seriously milking of fans.

joshm2286 likes this.
  22. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Part of me wants to get this, but the other part says 'boring'.

joshm2286, pinkrudy and Leonthepro like this.
  23. moomaloo

moomaloo All-round good egg

I'm glad this is happening but I have an original. Will that stop me buying the new one though? - Probably not!

The one thing above all others I've always loved about Pulse is the fact that it's recorded with 'Q-sound' enhancement. Where this works (and it isn't obvious throughout) it's a blast. That last note in Run Like Hell is phenomenal - it sort of 'spreads' forward and to the sides of the already wide soundstage. It's a small moment but a glorious one!

24. Leonthepro

Make a comparison review on Discogs or something.

25. The Revealer

The Revealer Forum Status: Paused Indefinitely

I can feel the FOMO beating out the sensible me regarding the availability and necessity of this release. The more I hear about these kind of details, the better.

My CD quality version of this is a "permanent borrow" from the library. I've only been able to appreciate the full quality 5.1 of the DVD for a few months. That literally took a decade and a half to get to. And still I think, "Nice, but what's the full resolution sound like?" So, right now, having a reason to 'return' the CD and chill with the vinyl is my biggest draw. Kate Bush was able to put out the same basic package for Before the Dawn for $70. The $30 leap here is tangible.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    joshm2286 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.