Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Hard to say, but their setlists around that time often had it as the opening number, so maybe it should by rights open Devi/ation

Sytze likes this.
  2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

It appears that AD may just have been a rehearsal, a run-through so it would probably come first just like it was in the set list at the time.

Sytze and aphexj like this.
  3. anth67

anth67 Purveyor of Hogwash

Would this imply there may not be additional un-broadcasted songs (Embryo, Saucerful, etc) after all?

(I've been kinda hoping a lost Main Theme or Violent Sequence performance might turn up :cool:)

4. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I don't think it implies anything. We were told that there was an additional 30 mins of footage including AD.

anth67 likes this.
  5. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

Stolen from a fan-made bootleg that was recorded from a lossy digital broadcast of the master tape. There were more tracks broadcast and bootlegged but they inexplicably didn't use those at all. Instead they included poor off-line versions. Just more shoddiness.

There are also two broadcasts/recordings of "Flaming" that can be seamlessly edited together to form a voice-over free version. Of course they didn't attempt this, or probably even think of it.

Chris M likes this.
  6. anth67

I've already done it at home ; ) Yeah, that's why I used the word passable ~ for someone with no other versions, that song is decent compared to the others on Continu/ation.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  7. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Its not that they didn't think of it (I suggested this when I supplied them with better versions of the 67 broadcast before it was released) but rather it was they're preference to include John Peel' s intros/outros whenever possible.

Jerry Horne and Deek57 like this.
  8. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I must admit I prefer the takes with John Peel's intros.

9. hallucalation

hallucalation Forum Resident

Excerpt that it was Pete Drummond voice

Chris M likes this.
  10. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I know. I laughed when I read that.

hallucalation likes this.
  11. central616

central616 Forum Resident

Atom Heart Mother is 52 minutes long.

12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

:laugh:

Dammit,
    I still want a toy van!

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I'll sell you mine. :wave:

14. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

For 500 bones, I still feel it should have been included over some of the paraphernalia we did get. I was just thinking that I never even played the 45s included....

Now if your toy van is included with the previously unreleased material you offered the band (The Early Years - Rontoon Rejec/tion Discs), you have my interest sir! :D

Runicen, rontoon and marmalade166 like this.
  15. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

But if those Vinyl Singles were also a separate RSD Release, if this Box Set was never released or they were not included in the Box Set, they would be sold for $15 per Vinyl is my guess.

JeffMo likes this.
  16. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I know. But modern vinyl releases don't have such long running times on one side.

17. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

18. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

And it's from Canada, not China.

andrewskyDE and superstar19 like this.
  20. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

I've never even opened the little packet of fancy items. Someday I will. I need to be in the proper mindset, which is hard to find these days.

21. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Shipped from Canada.

22. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Further to the outtakes from More on Dramatis/ation CD1, there is an unofficial recording available called "More Outtakes", in which can be heard:

· Some unreleased instrumental music;

· The guitar part for "Cirrus Minor";

· The keyboard introduction to "Main Theme".

All said to be from a documentary about the multi-track recording technique, broadcast by the BBC in June 1969, under the title "Laying Down Tracks".
    - Does anyone know if this documentary is available?
    - Has anyone seen it?

Chris M likes this.
  23. anth67

Never seen the video, not sure if it still exists (would love to see it :cool:). But the audio tracks you describe ~ with some voiceover ~ can be found on an old RoIO called "Music For Architecture Students." Quality is abysmal. Nice historical artifact, but doesn't come off as an outtakes listening experience, alas : /

24. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

Thanks.
    Also, I think, the track is on the Tree Full of Secrets project.

A few years ago now, there was some information and discussion circulating about an apparent proposed sale on eBay of recordings described as "More 8-track master reels". These were said to include these tracks (and others?):
    Main Theme
    Paris Bar
    Stefan's Tit
    Ibiza Bar
    Theme "Dramatic Version".
    It didn't seem clear what had happened to these tapes.

I wonder whether now there's any link with the Dramatis/ation CD1 track "Seabirds".

25. Kristofa

Kristofa Enthusiast of small convenient sound carrier units

I have tried the search within thread function, but I haven’t found a list of errors they are issuing replacements for on the two Blu-rays.

Can anybody list them or point me in the right direction? I am just diving into my box set now.

Thanks!