Pink Floyd - The Early Years 1965-1972 Box Set - Realiz/ation (Content, tracks, etc. ONLY!)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

Unless his/her function is guard cat!

Sytze and rontoon like this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Nice cat, Ron! I see you have the Immersion sets there but where's the one for The Wall?

rontoon likes this.
  3. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

No 5.1 so I passed on The Wall Immersion. I have rips of everything I need.

No front claws on Toby but he'll still eff you up if you mess with my stuff!

4. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

I am deathly asthmatic with Cats, as my breathing shuts down, so you do not have to worry about me, as I cannot even enter a house with a cat. It is the Cat Dander that not only gets in the rugs/furniture, but found out is trapped in the air of the rooms/house themselves. I am asthmatic with some dog breeds but not all of them. Love Labs, so glad I am not allergic to them. I do not have Asthma on a daily basis, but only Cat Dander and a few other things cause severe wheezing and loss of breathing.

I keep a Pro Air Inhaler for emergency use when needed. Used to use Primatean(spelling?) Mist, but Drug Stores and Target, stopped selling it, as Teens were buying it for some reason as a drug to use. If you use it too many times, you will get Tachacardia(spelling) that increases your heart beat rate and can lead to death.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  5. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Sorry I don't have any info other than what was included with the release.

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I have a clowder of cats so you'd be dead upon entry.

7. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Wait a minute, where's the Wall Immersion set? Did the feline fellow destroyed it?
    (Really nice cat!).

Edit: I've just read your explanation, but I don't believe it. I still think it was the clawed beast.

8. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Full disclosure. :p

[​IMG]

9. Outside The Wall

Outside The Wall Forum Resident

10. Outside The Wall

andrewskyDE and rontoon like this.
  11. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Mmm, Beat and Three of a Perfect Pair aren't there. Maybe "something" scratched them...

12. Outside The Wall

I think that the contents of the wall are well up to scratch!
    :)

rontoon and Rne like this.
  13. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Not a big fan of the Belew era although I do like most of Discipline and Thrak.

14. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I supposed that was the main reason for those conspicuous absences :laugh:
    I love both Beat and Three..., but this is a Pink Floyd/cats thread, so I won't say anything else about KC.

rontoon likes this.
  15. Six Bachelors

Six Bachelors Troublemaking enthusiast

Notwithstanding all the cool things on these shelves (several of which I also have) the most enjoyable thing to look at is The Early Years box separate from The Early Years content on the shelf above. Not only is the box huge but it's not even that easy to store it comfortably on a shelf so that you can access the content. Those tricksters.

16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Yup, so it takes up even more room on my shelves.! I hated to have to go into the big box every time I wanted to play a blu-ray. Crappy design, big waste of space.

Six Bachelors, superstar19 and Rne like this.
  17. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

Awwww cute kitty.

rontoon likes this.
  18. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Due to long and boring circumstances of my life, I have my box sets in different places. Some of them are part of a pile, in which my copy of The Early Years rests above 30 Trips (Grateful Dead), and below The Smile Sessions (Beach Boys), Bouquets From A Cloudy Sky (The Pretty Things), Infinite (The Doors), Fresh Cream (Cream), and a couple of Dylan's Bootleg Series releases, among others I can't remember now. I think I should store the "____/ation" volumes elsewhere, because sometimes I end reaching for something more accesible even when I actually want to listen to the contents of the box set.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Unfortunately. So let's hope there's some big surprise next year.

rontoon likes this.
  20. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Most of my box sets are hidden away currently due to shelving, or more importantly the lack thereof. This set however would not fit in the piece of furniture where everything else currently resides, so it stands alone, a whole level to itself, on a small bookcase that otherwise holds...

Rne likes this.
  21. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

Like probably many others, I went digital/FLAC a long time ago. Everything, I mean EVERYTHING! -- is a click away. One of the top 3 decisions in my life!

22. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

FLAC? No way (for me) :unhunh:

Pants Party likes this.
  23. posnera

posnera Forum Resident

Absolutely. I haven't touched a CD (other than to put it into the computer and then back into its case).
    I use iTunes so it's ALAC for me.

My kids got amazon alexa speakers as gifts so I got a family subscription to Amazon unlimited. I'm amazed at how much is there (including The Early Years minus the bonus set). Streaming sound quality isn't perfect, but if I like something well enough I can always buy it and rip to the permanent collection.

24. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I go back in forth in my music collection, vinyl and CD. Though I archive the CD stuff as WAV files on my computer. It's true, just one click and you're in another world.

25. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

If you're saving everything as WAV, you must have some god-level storage in your machine. I've never noticed a degradation in terms of audio quality compressing to FLAC and they're easily half the size of uncompressed WAV.

Well, unless you're also ripping hi-res from blu-ray discs... :cool:

sathvyre, rontoon and andrewskyDE like this.