Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

I need official information as soon as possible :waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting::waiting:

2. mando_dan

mando_dan Forum Resident

I'm afraid I don't understand. Would someone please cue me in?

3. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

The quote from your quoted post was "Tell me more" an oft repeated refrain in the song "Summer Nights" from Grease - hence the ONJ and Grease reference :)

4. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Yesterday I swore I was not going to pay a fortune for this. Today, still without any oficial informantion about the contents of the box, I'm starting to think about saving money. Damn Pink Floyd!

PhoffiFozz, willy and Rooster_Ties like this.
  5. van1

van1 Forum Resident

Consider yourself fortunate. You wouldn't have got that response on a PF forum :)

6. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Perhaps, but would he have been told to go down the hall? ;)

7. drumzNspace

drumzNspace Forum Resident

Why do I have a bad feeling that this will basically only include previously officially released albums and very little new /live material .. and just basically be a box of otherwise individually released reissue albums?

8. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

A part of me says: "I wish you're right", because that would give my credit card a needed rest. But, of course, I would love to see a whole set of previously unreleased material. I think they wouldn't dare to re-release those albums yet once again.

Esperanzan likes this.
  9. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Alright, I want Team Marbles on the left side of the room and Team Scarf on the right side of the room. This will be a good, clean fight. Hashtags at the ready...

"New from Pink Floyd: The Deluge Box Set. Incorporating every squawk, squeak, squabble, and fart committed to magnetic tape during the recording sessions of your favorite albums. Relive the magic by peeling away the charm!" :D

Lost In The Flood and Tristero like this.
  10. mastaflatch

mastaflatch God's Only Nose

Let's not forget that this release is probably motivated by copyrights otherwise going in the public domain so I have no doubt there will be plenty of unreleased material included in this set. Fingers crossed for not having to buy the original albums yet again though.

Laservampire likes this.
  11. LarsO

LarsO Forum Resident

I think I got enough Floyd related farts on my copy of Roger Waters/Ron Geesin: Music from "The Body"

12. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

If they include the same old albums once again, they won't have to bother with adding coasters to the set... :laugh:

13. Which is why I highly doubt the complete albums are a part of the box, unless they are completely intertwined with tons of unreleased material. Mason refers to the "50th Anniversary" as 1967, so I'm sure we will see Piper again next year, but that means then why a box this year? or maybe the box will be peace-mealed out for the 50th Anniversary of each album (i.e. whatever portion relates to a album's period, released separately). Anyway, it's all conjecture and I am looking forward to the Early Years Box and we will deal with next year, next year

14. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

From the items already identified in the photo originals of 3 of those 4 early singles are in the triple figure price range so those alone somewhat justify purchase (if you are a vinyl collector that is)

The EP set from last year will get a reissue in some form whether its 2 x 7" 45's or a mini album

I imagine that the long wanted mono Piper and Saucerful LP's will be there.

And a whole bunch of live stuff that usually is on ROIO's or unreleased.

And the posters and what not all add up to a nice set.

rontoon likes this.
  15. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Oh, by the way... compared to ye olde Publius Enigma days, these photo teasers on Facebook and web sitea make the whole story so superficial... they could have done it with more eros! :)

Runicen and Hattipper like this.
  16. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Imagine the quantity of posts we would have here if the enigmas were more elaborated!

Runicen, Hattipper and Josip like this.
  17. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Well, in 25 minutes we'll have either one more teaser or an announcement... The enigma continues! :)

Hattipper likes this.
  18. Jack932102

Jack932102 Active Member

So this is full footage of a concert, or just repeated takes of the same songs, such as HDOOL, Mother, Hey You? Is there any indication of the quality of the negatives, are they as bad as indicated by a number of individuals (Mark Fisher, Alan Parker)?

19. floydfan2410

floydfan2410 Forum Resident

This give a very good indication of what the entire Wall concert will look like once it's released :)

From the Immersion set

Simon A, Dave G. and coffeetime like this.
  20. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It's the full concert. Parker's crew kept the film cameras rolling for the entire shows.

Simon A likes this.
  21. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I can now tell you that the official announcement is forthcoming and we'll all know the details BEFORE THE END OF THIS WEEK!!!

22. floydfan2410

23. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

Oh dear god I need help. I got so excited when the website changed to a server error. Get out and away from this bleeding computer!!! New picture now...

24. floydfan2410

I know what you mean :)

25. Meddler

Meddler Forum Resident

They're being oh so ironic with that new image.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.