Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

Neil Young archives with it's previously released material and smattering of hidden video clips....PAH!

2. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Count me in the minority but I am not really excited at all about this set. I do love the early material but I already own the three BBC releases and 8 blu rays and/or 9 DVD's does nothing at all for me. Pink Floyd (David Gilmour) has pretty much dropped the ball on the reissues. I am happy to see the vinyl reissue campaign but this is what I as a fan need (badly!):

1. Issue the live Dark Side live performance (of the Experience version) on high quality 180g vinyl.
    2. Issue a deluxe Animals double vinyl with outtakes and/or live material
    3. Issue the live Is There Anybody Out There (best live Wall permormance ever recorded) on high quality 180g vinyl.
    4. Reissue the Pulse box set on high quality 180g vinyl

I will be picking up reissues of Piper, Saucerful, Atom Heart Mother, More and Meddle, possibly Obscured By Clouds only because I want to hear the reissues and was happy with the Wall, Dark Side, and Wish You Were Here vinyl reissues. What I want to know is where are the vinyl releases of the other great material made available on the Experience versions!!???

3. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I went with Amazon.it :

$455/EUR410/GBP347

4. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

:righton:

RiRiIII and zphage like this.
  5. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

i bought these a few years back on Blu Ray,could have done without them in this set.they look and sound great BTW.

PH416156 likes this.
  6. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Which BBC releases? I did not know there was a previous official release?

Esperanzan and Lost In The Flood like this.
  7. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

Kim Olesen likes this.
  8. Mistermono

Mistermono Forum Resident

Has it been confirmed that the the DVDs/blurays are not region-free?

9. yamfox

yamfox Forum Resident

I'd say the likelihood of the Blu-rays not working is minimal, the Immersion sets' BR were all region free.
    DVDs may not though (region coding unlikely but PAL is a possibility, though I think the PS4 will handle that), and I think a lot of people will end up selling those...

bcaulf likes this.
  10. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

I cannot believe my eyes but they got it right! The announced set is only lacking a live DSotM preview from 1972 tour, but apart from that each single disc request I submitted has been fulfilled! :D

zphage likes this.
  11. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

DVD/Blu-ray:

‘v
    1. Interstellar Overdrive with Frank Zappa 11.26
    Total: 71 mins, 14 secs approx.

:faint: :goodie:

THIS!!!

12. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I'm hyperventilating too!!!!!

goodiesguy, Mr. H, Tristero and 2 others like this.
  13. Flaming Torch

Flaming Torch Forum Resident

Yes King Crimson did 3 big sets all for about £100 each. Wonderful stuff and very very fan friendly. Also a better band than Floyd. I have just got through the recent Complete PF by Glen Povey. Great book and I shall compare the box set track listing with this book.

14. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

318.40 pounds from Amazon UK, once the VAT is removed. Today's exchange rate puts that at $418.66.

My wife is going to kill me. :D

15. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

I would assume with 99% certainty that the Blu-Rays are region free. DVDs on the other hand are always locked into their region as far as I know. I've preordered from Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk just in case! Can cancel up until it ships so no risk. I'll be watching every day to see if the price drops on either! Goodbye King Crimson 80s box. Please no second Grateful Dead box this year, and make next year's cheap! Now, how to prevent my wife from killing me in my sleep when she finds out...

Rne and rontoon like this.
  16. amonjamesduul

A lot of this scares me that way,some of the times don't look good if they are using different sources than what we already have.

17. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

I'm glad I got an 21 month interest free credit card a couple of weeks ago

18. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

YOU'RE WIFE?!?!?
    :biglaugh:

19. amonjamesduul

I was wondering about that,are you gonna get a shout out in the credits somewhere?

Esperanzan likes this.
  20. CybrKhatru

CybrKhatru Music is life.

I'm gonna start with that for sure. If I had a spare $700 lying around..... wow.... one hell of a tracklist!!!

21. whiskeyvengeance

whiskeyvengeance Forum Resident

Best of luck to you, my friend. Maybe
    I'm still making my way through the Crimson box sets, and I bought my first one in 2012. The way I look at it, they're purchases that will literally last a lifetime. :D

Runicen likes this.
  22. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I'm excited for the fans but this won't be for me, it's not my favourite era of the band, the NEXT one will get my attention big time.

23. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

We shall see. They may not be too happy about giving props to one that they consider to be a bootlegger. ;)

24. amonjamesduul

It's possible that once you have the disc there will be audio choices like stereo vs 5.1 and the list just screwed up not including it.

25. RonBaker

RonBaker Forum Resident

This whole set has to be massive! Any idea on the dimensions of the package?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.