Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

2. LordRatcatcher

LordRatcatcher Forum Resident

What's the reasoning behind putting 'Baby Blue Shuffle in D Major' on BONUS CONTINU/ATION rather than on GERMIN/ATION with the rest of the 2nd Dec 1968 session tracks ? Similarly wouldn't it have made sense to put the two 1967 BBC sessions in the CAMBRIDGE ST/ATION set?

3. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

4. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

While I see your point about certain songs being included in certain parts of this collection I should also be noted that the 6 volumes minus the bonus volume have been confirmed at press release that they will be available separate and Scream and Vegetable man are both included in the same volume. I think that PF could have been much more unkind in this and not mentioned future release and they could have put one or the other on the box exclusive volume.

5. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Still absorbing all the info about what's included IN this monster Pink Floyd box , and what's NOT.

I'm just relieved they didn't ask Roger Waters to sign copies. :p :D :agree:

6. Ben Adams

Ben Adams Forum Resident

First thing I do is watch La Vallee (Obscured By Clouds)! I need to check it off my list. :)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    supernaut likes this.
  7. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

It's funny how "Beechwoods" has a new 2010 mix.

I'd have bought the old mix if I had the option and never been the wiser.
    That has only ever existed as a screechy little excerpt, if I recall correctly.

Hope they mix more Syd vocal in "Scream." Will be nice to hear "Vegetable Man" in a fresh mix.
    It has always existed in pretty good quality, but something was missing.
    Some clarity was missing.

8. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I missed that entire press release and have just been going off the tracklist of both. It's my fault for not educating myself, but dammit, I want it now on a cheap CD!!!! :cussing::laugh:

9. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Ok, this is for real now! Here goes a good chunk of my yearly music budget!

Progressive »

10. Phillip Walch

Phillip Walch Forum Resident

I fully sympathize haha. I'm still thinking what to do. I collect vinyl but not singles, I want all the music but don't ultimately need the bonus volume and could resort to downloading that one section if I get the 6 volumes next year.
    Or I could get the box. Split the vinyl out with the memorabilia and sell them on with the big box and maybe sell the DVDs.

11. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

I'll be getting the 2-CD edition since I'm (relatively) new to early PF. But really, this set is the way all comprehensive sets should be done!

supermd, coffeetime, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. lucan_g

lucan_g Forum Resident

Why have they remixed Obscured for an entire disc? Curious...

Billy_Sunday likes this.
  13. revolution_vanderbilt

Got a pre-order in from amazon.it for what looks like the best price shipped to the US.

With all that money I've "saved," maybe I will finally get some more 2011 remasters (specifically Saucerful, More, Meddle, AHM).

asdf35 likes this.
  14. J_D__

J_D__ Senior Member

15. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Just "Echoes" and the complete Atom Heart Mother. It's not yet clear where/when we might get the 5.1 mixes for Meddle and OBC that were mentioned originally.

J_D__ likes this.
  16. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

Is it a pre-order or did they charge your card already? SuperDeluxeEdition have every country showing as "preorder" except Italy which only shows "order"

COMPARE PRICES AND PRE-ORDER
    PINK FLOYD
    THE EARLY YEARS 1965-1972 27-DISC BOX

[​IMG]
    SHOP PRICE GBP STOCK
    Amazon it 347.68 ORDER
    Amazon uk 378.38 PRE-ORDER
    Amazon fr 415.65 PRE-ORDER
    Amazon de 450.49 PRE-ORDER
    JPC de 458.99 PRE-ORDER
    Amazon usa 531.98 PRE-ORDER

gingerly, D-rock and asdf35 like this.
  17. InStepWithTheStars

Even though I have no use for that stuff, and even though I would probably never sell my box sets, I can't bring myself to split it up. I'll look at it contemptfully, groan about having to have paid for it, and do nothing. I admire that you can do that :laugh: and hey, the marbles might get lost, so if you're willing to sell, you can help someone re-complete their collection!

Although the marbles were probably lost already if someone actually paid the list price of this box...

18. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

The first three singles were issued as a CDEP and then later included on the 3CD deluxe 'Piper.' The third + fourth ones were only on the 'Shine On' box set.

19. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

20. revolution_vanderbilt

Perhaps because there are no outtakes, and it's the best they could come up with for a 1972 set. They already mined '72 for the Dark Side Of The Moon set, so there's little left to use.
    no charge as of yet

21. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

It's often cheaper to order from overseas. They don't charge VAT or taxes and Amazon orders (unlike many other retailers) usually don't get exhorbitant customs charges.

Baba Oh Really likes this.
  22. InStepWithTheStars

Aargh! More box sets! :realmad:

I totally forgot about that. Maybe I'll track down a copy. Or just wait until the 66/67/68 box sets get released, and hopefully they'll be on the "budget" versions (if they have budget versions, anyway)

jlf likes this.
  23. jsb!

jsb! Forum Resident

It only just occurred to me that, while I've a blu-ray player & therefore have no need for the DVDs, there is an upside to them being included as well: DVDs are much easier to rip the audio from. So I'll be able to put all those live songs onto my iPhone for portable listening!

coffeetime, qtrules and ubiknik like this.
  24. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Wow, that Italian price is pretty damn good. I'm attempted to go for an order there, assuming that it's not set in stone. I've never used them before. Are they reliable?

D-rock likes this.
  25. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Just realized it was 8pm over there when I sent this. :doh: It'll be 3am here before I get a response.
    So all the Americans that are ordering this from Italy, and the UK must be confident the discs are region free ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.