Pink Floyd The Early Years 1965-1972 -Anticip/ation

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

I already said too much. Full details to follow shortly.

Simon A and Jerry Horne like this.
  2. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Dylan's set was released last year. 18 cd's+ nine 45's = $600, if I recall correctly.

fallbreaks likes this.
  3. rontoon

That means there was some truth to it.

rstamberg likes this.
  4. fallbreaks

fallbreaks Forum Resident

Although the Dylan set came with a surprise bonus download of every live concert from 1965, too, some of which was new to collectors.

5. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

But they also released a more streamlined 6 disc version for around $100. If they do something like that in this case, I can live without all of the bells, whistles and marbles.

bobcat likes this.
  6. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Depending on final content (and if similar in concept to Dylan's last archive release), this could be truly be colossal release for fans of early Floyd. For years, I've heard folks wish for material from the 67-68 "Syd" period and this may finally be your calling.

I hope there is something between the 1-CD (too skimpy) and 15-CD (too much) to cater to more middle of road fans like me. I am big into the DSOTM to Wall period material but never really ventured much into the Syd years outside of Piper. Perhaps this will my opportunity to discover that side of the band...

ODShowtime and jlf like this.
  7. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Nothing will equal The Residents Ultimate Box Set, anyway :laugh:

8. mark kirk

mark kirk Forum Resident

Start saving now, that's my plan... no way I'm missing out on this.

9. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Yes, I bought the 6-CD set, which is great, but when it comes to Pink Floyd, I would hate not having the complete set (and I mean the music, not the ornamental paraphernalia). I just hope they give us CD-only collectors the chance of not having to pay for vinyl records we're not going to use, that's all.

10. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

As somebody said earlier ,if this is comprehensive as it looks to be the only periods not covered would be Animals and AMLOR which makes me wonder is this pretty much it?If they do go all out with every snippet of tape they have what else could they be releasing on their new label?Those live shows (if not included in this set) in the vaults from 69 70 and 71 we know exist would be cool stand alone releases,following the book like double disc release of Is there anybody out there.

11. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

I'm not sure what you mean here. This is 1965-72, so the entire DSotM, WYWH, and Wall periods are not covered either.

12. rontoon

This may explain the stripe background graphic on their website. This image is leaning up against the box in the promo photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

I'd just come up with a plan for buying a bunch of releases I want for the end of the year. That's now officially blown to hell, and I couldn't be happier about it.

14. marigoldilemma

Close, Wright, Waters, Mason and someone on the top of the car? I've not seen that one before.

15. asdf35

asdf35 Forum Resident

I hope the 1967 Stockholm tape is released here. What other Syd surprises?

Ron, can you blink once or blink twice for questions? Ha ha

Hattipper and Josip like this.
  16. rontoon

They were well covered in the Immersion releases.

superstar19 likes this.
  17. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

There's a good reason why insiders apparently feel comfortable sharing the skinny with Rontoon--he knows how to keep his lips sealed!

goodiesguy, asdf35, Runicen and 4 others like this.
  18. Josip

Josip Forum Resident

Hey, rontoon, not fair, man... :)

rontoon likes this.
  19. rontoon

I don't have any details about the contents other than what has been made out in the promo photo and from the (now dead) Amazon link. The only other thing I know is when the official announcement will be and I am sworn to keep my mouth shut about it. But as I keep writing, you all won't have to wait very long at all. Then the official complaining can begin.:p

And for some strange reason PFManagement appear to be extremely upset about this leak....

asdf35, Hattipper and benk like this.
  20. I think the poster is referring to the big three Immersion sets, which cover those years, and now a 1965-72 box to cover the early years. But I don't think said poster need to worry. With the Immersion sets out of print, there may be a vault clearing 73-77 set next fall/winter. It is no coincidence that the band and their management have started there own imprint and something like the Early Years box is coming. I am sure we are going to see things that even us hardened collectors will be very happy with for years to come

21. marigoldilemma

Honestly, it isnt much of a leak.

22. klockwerk

klockwerk Forum Resident

Ya know, I used to think the world of Pink Floyd's commercial aspirations. Very few compilation and live albums, mostly Quality Original Releases. Since Roger is out, it has gone from a Gold Standard to K-Tel Marketing.

23. rontoon

I'd bet on that!:righton:

24. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I think the Immersion set took care of those.

25. rontoon

In the eyes of the powers that be it's a HUGE leak. Anything other than an official announcement is a leak and spoiled their entire teaser roll out. And they're pissed off about it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.