Pink Floyd - "The Endless River" -- New Release October 2014 (Part Two)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mark, Jul 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

The cover reminds me of the 70s TV show Monkey:

[​IMG]

Still looking forward to hearing it, mind.

--Geoff

Smiths22 and botley like this.
  2. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

From the pink floyd website:

"BLU-RAY contains ‘The Endless River’ album in high resolution 5.1 Surround (DTS Master Audio and PCM, 96/24), plus PCM stereo 96/24
    PLUS EXTRA non-album audio-visual material (approx. 39 minutes): 6 video tracks and 3 audio tracks, unavailable elsewhere"

--Geoff

AZRunner and botley like this.
  3. botley

botley Forum Resident

Except on the DVD/CD version. And on the iTunes Deluxe version. Boy, they have a loose definition of "elsewhere"

krock2009 and Spacement Monitor like this.
  4. Spacement Monitor

Spacement Monitor Forum Resident

5. SpinningInfinity

SpinningInfinity Forum Resident

I like the cover. Its both hopeful, a little sad, and a journey were all going to face at some point ourselves. Nice colors too. In a square format it feels a little tight and boxed in. The widescreen version on their site is cooler.
    Bring on the LPs!

6. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

7. Spacement Monitor

I kind of pictured more flames. :)

SpinningInfinity likes this.
  8. SpinningInfinity

Haha!

The endless firey river!

9. SpinningInfinity

10. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

The great gig in the sky :)

--Geoff

KASHMIR likes this.
  11. TheLazenby

TheLazenby Forum Resident In Memoriam

It's a bit David Tennant-y.

12. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

No marbles? No sale.

13. It's not "sort of" French. "Allons-y" is correctly translated as "Let's go."

14. Matheusms

Matheusms Forum Resident

Well... On An Island Part II with Nick Mason. Atmospheric guitar solos, organs and lyrics about the good moments in life and forgiveness. Not that I care that much about a "Pink Floyd" record without two of its core members but, still, it hurts a little to know that the band will never release another bona fide PF record again because they can't stand each other confined in a studio room.

15. raveoned

raveoned Forum Resident

The original title for the song was "Time-y Wime-y".

16. rd1

rd1 Forum Resident

Thanks Ron for all of the posts and links.

Rooster_Ties likes this.
  17. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Definitely getting the CD/Bluray deluxe! Excited to finally see all the information flowing in :)

vitorbastos123 likes this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

Standard CD for me. If it is as good as Momentary Lapse Of Reason and The Division Bell then I will be happy.

Billy Infinity likes this.
  19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

In regards to 2 of it's core members being absent, Roger quit the band almost 30 years ago and since only a single track features lyrics his bass playing will not be missed. Rick is heavily featured on this release. If you were referring to Syd as one of the two core members well good luck with that. And FYI, these 3 core members had a great time with each other creating this music live in the studio.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    NunoBento, Pancat, pablorkcz and 4 others like this.
  20. Rne

Rne weltschmerz

Previously unreleased Pink Floyd material: always welcome.

21. dvda

dvda Forum Resident

Here's my take: No Storm artwork? Why not feature some unused works of his? Also, the cover art and the release itself have "death" written on it. Very depressing.

As this has only David and Nick working on the production, I consider it "A Momentary Lapse..." redux. Storm and Rick could not even be here to approve the thing. Not saying they wouldn't, but it bothers me that they are calling this "Pink Floyd" with only 2 members being a part of the production. The music on the website sounds like Gilmour's solo work.

22. tommyball

tommyball Forum Resident

They did sort of throw a curveball releasing a new album 20 years later so they should specify whether the CD will fit into the Discovery or Oh, By The Way boxes.

;)

pablorkcz likes this.
  23. Spacement Monitor

Pre-ordered the CD/Blu-Ray, but hoping Amazon offers auto-rip on the deluxe version bonus tracks. Otherwise, I may need the iTunes version too.

24. Matheusms

Matheusms Forum Resident

That's the reason why Pink Floyd 1987 records are, at best, remembered for the "atmospheric and beautiful" guitar phrases by David Gilmour. And actually we're lucky that he found Polly because when he tried to be Roger Waters, we got AMLOR. Roger is an artist in the widest sense of the word. Gilmour is a gifted musician. Like'em both when they go solo but I like my Pink Floyd with the best of both worlds. I know nobody gives a bleep about how I want PF to sound like but I really think they should let the band rest in the Olympian pantheon it inhabits. Release this material as Gilmour/Mason work, an elegy to Richard Wright. No one would object to it and all of the people that commented in this thread would buy it in the pre-sale. It's not because they can that they should do it.

25. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Me too-Looks like the cover of a romance novel.

Smiths22 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.