Pink Floyd The Later Years - Specul/ation (Pre-release)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DylanPeggin, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverCheek

SilverCheek Forum Resident

How many times have you said this now? ;)

2. Baidur

Baidur Forum Resident

A audio box and a video box. And a choice of Blu-ray OR DVD for the video one?

3. NunoBento

NunoBento Rock 'n' Roll Star

Agreed on both Queen and Floyd.
    I cried my eyes out watching it live. I still do sometimes when I watch it now.

drum_cas and Doctorbox4 like this.
  4. NunoBento

Seems like the set is divided into Audio content on CD, Video content on BluRay and Video content on DVD. Meaning 3 separate sets can be released this way, probably at 150£ each.

RangerXT, andrewskyDE and Luisboa like this.
  5. KarlFarbman

KarlFarbman Forum Resident

How long after the Early Years Big Box was announced did they announce that the individual small boxes would be released seperately? I bought all the individual boxes well after they were out. Trying to figure the possible time frame here IF they sell a breakdown of the box.

Also, the redundancy of content on DVD and Blu Ray would be unnecessary and irritating. Ideally I'd want all the audio on cd and hi res audio and all video on Blu Ray--no need to also put it on DVD.

6. bboynexus

bboynexus Forum Resident

Four months or so, I think.

7. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

My pre-order at Amazon UK has resulted in them taking £4.29, so 1% of the total. For me this is the first time they have taken money at this stage.

Hattipper likes this.
  8. wilberforce55

wilberforce55 Forum Resident

Money from DSOT just came up on my shuffle. God it is awful. Those backing singers singing "moneee" through Dave/s first solo, the raga break in the middle

Perhaps i don't want to revisit parts of this...........

9. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

The insane price just gotta be a placeholder...

The content is waaaayyyy to less to justify a 500 Dollar Pricetag...
    I hope that the Price goes down at about 200 to 300 Dollar - Still overpriced but then I would be weak enough...
    I think the Early Years went a bit down aswell before release so I Have High Hopes...

BTW. Which Performance of Arnold Layne is included on the vinyl single?

10. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

It’s taken a full night’s sleep and my first cup of coffee to figure out what @rontoon meant by bookending! In my defence, the leaked picture came late last night UK time. And yes, its a lovely touch :agree:

Hurry up stupid Friday! The set itself looks particularly handsome; eager to read the track listing measuring up. I’m sure it will with all of the discussion here to date.

11. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

12. NunoBento

Lost In The Flood and Luisboa like this.
  13. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Yeah that makes sense - How could I forget about that performance?

So the B-Side must be he the live performance of Bike

NunoBento and Derek Slazenger like this.
  14. NunoBento

They performed Bike too? What else?

15. Django216

Django216 Forum Resident

Thats it!

As far as I know Arnold Layne and Bike were performed at the Syd Barret Tribute Show, which was the last Pink Floyd Performance ever.

Pink Floyd Setlist at Madcap's Last Laugh

I hope they have better quality on the box set

Gavaxeman, andrewskyDE and NunoBento like this.
  16. Azza200

Azza200 Forum Resident

They do have better quality as it was filmed on 2 HD Cameras & that footage will most likely be in this release

andrewskyDE, drum_cas and NunoBento like this.
  17. EdwinM

EdwinM Grumpy old man

There is very little to get for me. I even have the original tour books. Hope they release Momentary Lapse plus the outtakes in a nice separate package.

mark winstanley likes this.
  18. H.Timseel

H.Timseel Forum Resident

I just checked what I paid for TEY and it was 313 pounds..so that makes TLY pretty much 40% more.. yet i feel there's 40% less in terms of what I'm interested in. And still missing Machine for one. Talk about extracting the urine.

RangerXT, petercl and tommyball like this.
  19. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Unless it's a one-sided single with some kind of etching on the b-side...

20. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Never understood why not... still no official vinyl release for In The Beechwoods (and Scream Thy Last Scream and Vegetable Man, but those are not on the cd either...).

andrewskyDE likes this.
  21. fluxkit

fluxkit Things that don't swing are meaningless.

I recall it being mentioned at the end of the initial announcement.

jsb!, David Jakubowski and Zongadude like this.
  22. Hattipper

Hattipper Forum Resident

Please keep us filled in as to whether or not they placehold the full amount.

23. Brautigan

Brautigan Well-Known Member

For those waiting for individual boxes - I simply cannot see this happening with this release. Physical releases are costing more and more to produce, and besides, this box is centered around TWO studio albums and their associated world tours from one version of the band. TEY box was centered around SEVEN studio albums, a plethora of tours and three distinct versions of the band.

It mystifies me why a band of Floyd's experience, magnitude and wealth didn't professionally tape all of their shows, particularly the version of the band represented in this new box set. I, for one, am slightly disappointed that the key live aspects of this box is three shows we've seen to death, albeit remastered etc, but it's still the same old same old, which effectively sums up this era of the band. DG just wants to play it safe, and here's further evidence of that...

Billy_Sunday and tommyball like this.
  24. Incredulous_Observer

Incredulous_Observer Forum Resident

I was reading a recent thread about this Amazon pre-order change of policy (in some instances) and it looks like they might possibly take the full amount in five days so will check then.

Hattipper likes this.
  25. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The band originally wanted to release The Division Bell as two CDs in one package.
    One CD with the main album and a second disc with instrumental ambient material which was nicknamed The Big Spliff.
    Only small snippets from that were used later on The Endless River. The deluxe edition of this album contains two outtakes from the original Big Spliff tapes ('TBS9' and 'TBS14').

By the way, I still very hope the 'Soundscape' from the p.u.l.s.e cassette edition will be in the set.

RangerXT, Muppet, BeatleJWOL and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.