Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here Immersion Release

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

What exactly do you mean 'studying the owner's manual carefully'?

Are there specific settings to 'adhere' to in order to play discs w/o the clicks?

izgoblin likes this.
  2. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

Just out of curiosity: if those Immersion sets are still being manufactured, are they now on Parlophone?

3. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I mean what it says.

Taken altogether my manuals have about 400 pages of text(which is a lot to study),but every single one has at least three pages that are concerned with "what to do IF...".Continuing from there I am able -------in 99 percent of all cases-----to locate,identify and solve the problem by adjusting the hardware's input/output by following the instructions given OR getting to know what and why something is impossible to be changed or addressed,and where and in which context I might have adjusted something in a wrong way and THEREFORE caused a malfunction.

Are you getting my drift.....??

I have no idea what might be wrong with your hardware so you can play your discs without clicks.

If these despite your efforts persist then(but only then)you are one of the unlucky ones to have received a faulty disc twice.Sh.. happens.

I personally don't like generalizations(faulty disc again after four years..........etc etc,JPC is to blame despite me asking them ....etcetc) as have been described here.

4. Erik Tracy

Studying the manual implies an action or change with the player when in use.

What did you glean from the manual that resulted in changing the way you used the player?

What exactly did you change with your fingers or remote with your player after studying the manual?

5. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

No the ones up for grabs cheap at the moment are not still being manufactured,and no they are not on Parlophone/Warner,they are sourced from EMI Poland(at least mine did).

6. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I am not into writing reports about something I did some time ago!

Find out yourself,what YOUR hardware demands from YOUR fingers.

7. Erik Tracy

So its a secret then?

Geez....

St. Troy, quicksrt and Cellar Drops like this.
  8. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That's a great price for the Immersion Box sets. I just checked out half.com and the ones listed for $58 are not new sealed sets but "like new". Still a great deal without a doubt. If I didn't have the DSOTM and WYWH sets I'd definitely grab them.

Bill

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Do you have a more exact location such as the time on the disc or song where the clicks are on the WYWH Blu-ray? I'd like to check to see if the Blu-ray I have has the issue. Thanks :)!

Bill

10. the avant-guvnor

the avant-guvnor Well-Known Member

The point here though is the audio glitches on the WYWH Blu-ray are nothing to do with the hardware. There are 3 audio clicks/glitches on the Blu-ray 5.1 mix, track is Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9). No hardware tweaking can get rid of them as they are manufacturing errors. The clicks do not occur on the US box set Blu-ray and they only occur on some EU box set Blu-ray discs. I also have the SACD release that has no errors.

On 6 December 2011, EMI Records produced a replacement Blu-ray disc, because of these manufacturing errors. Amazon customers who bought the box back in 2011, received the replacement Blu-ray disc.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    St. Troy likes this.
  11. the avant-guvnor

I think someone posted the 3 click timing positions in this thread.

A quick test playing track Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts 6-9) and at approximately 43min 55sec and at 44min 10sec there are 2 clear audible glitches.

12. the avant-guvnor

At no point was my post meant to blame JPC. Rather, to warn consumers that there are still defective Blu-ray discs out in the market place.

Even though you may purchase from a reputable retailer like JPC (yes, contrary to what you might believe, I think JPC are a great company), consumers cannot guarantee that they won't receive a Blu-ray with errors, like I did EVEN after checking with JPC.

That is all. I am just sharing my experience with others. If you choose to read the post differently, then you are quite entitled to, but it was not my intention to diss JPC. If you want to blame someone then blame JPC's distributors or Warner Music (who acquired the rights for the Immersion Box Sets from EMI Records).

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    St. Troy likes this.
  13. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I just received as you my WUWH Immersion set from JPC.de and I wonder if my Blu-ray is defective like yours. Since I do not still have a 5.1 system, I cannot know if these defects (clicks) are on my blu-ray disc as well (since these are audible in the surroud mix only). I assume that the corrected disc EMI had produced and sent back in 2011 to the EU amazon buyers as replacement should carry a different number at the ring of the disc than the defective one - mine reads as follows: 294389 DB44460-01 . Could you please check yours and let me know?

And if any of our kind members who has the corrected EU disc can post the ring numbers of their disc, it will be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Alex

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  14. quicksrt

quicksrt Senior Member

Great set - chock full of rare content. I don't see how anyone can state that it's just surround and then the original album, and sleep at night and not feel like a liar!

This set is wonderful. I do love the quad mix and in high-res it's just spectacular.

coffeetime likes this.
  15. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

Matrix of the non defective BD is: 294389 DB57658-01

By the way, I'll be surprised if the BDs in the new boxes are not defective-free after 4+ years; if somebody received a disc without a Warner sticker (eg, the old "EMI Poland" sticker, instead), then you should have an older copy (this might also explain the discounted prices of these last weeks).

Regarding the defective BD, you can check if your copy is defective or not, a 5.1 system is not mandatory.
    You have to enable the "mixdown to 2 channels stereo" (or whatever is called) option in your Blu- ray player and listen to it carefully, better with headphones. I have a Sony BD player and was able to hear the 3 infamous clicks at 41:48, 43:55, 44:10. I bought my copy in november 2011, then contacted EMI; sadly, to no avail. Since I didn't buy it from Amazon, but from a different British seller, sending it back would have been a nightmare.
    Furthermore, I also own the SACD,so... I kept my "Immersion" box with the faulty BD disc. :shrug:

albertop and RiRiIII like this.
  16. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

Thanks for your kind reply.

Yes my copy has the old EMI Poland sticker. I ll check but your info shows that my blu-ray disc is the defective one as well... No matter I have too the SACD...

Thanks again for your clarifications.

Edit: the clicks are indeed there.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2016
  17. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

:) You're welcome. By the way, If I'm not mistaken, not all the early copies had the glitches; so you may check your WYWH Blu ray, just to be sure. Maybe yours is fine.

I guess Amazon and JPC.de bought tons and tons and tons of copies and now are trying to give them away..if JPC.de after 4 years has still NOS first pressing boxes without the Warner sticker you know the "Why Pink Floyd?" campaign wasn't the hit they were expecting. They (EMI) should have priced these "immersion" sets at €60 in 2011 and spare us the marbles and the scarves...

18. RiRiIII

RiRiIII Forum Resident

I edited my message above... so clicks are there. Thanks again.

19. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

My local retailer has a copy for 60 Euros and the collector in me says go for it, although it would be wiser to just let it be. I already have the Experience WYWH and the unreleased tracks on cd are the only things I need anyway. But y'know, I have thd DSOTM and Wall Immersion boxes and it feels incomplete... stupid, I know. Like I said, the collector in me...

Hattipper likes this.
  20. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

...ouch! :shake: sorry...

it would be interesting to know if fresh pressed copies (with the Warner sticker) are faulty and, in case, if Warner can replace the faulty copies.

21. PH416156

PH416156 Alea Iacta Est

you know you want it...:D

[​IMG]

...even with a faulty blu ray

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.