Pioneer Elite Series BDP-62FD BluRay + SACD + DVD-A + etc player $199 @ BestBuy

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by kwadguy, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member Thread Starter

This is a hot deal on a good quality BluRay all format, all region BluRay player.

It's in Pioneer's Elite series (which isn't as Elite as it once was, but is still better than standard products).

BestBuy has it for $199 IN STORE. It's listed at $399 on the website. But it's $199 in store. You must go IN STORE to get the price.

Here's the link to the unit on the BestBuy website:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer...layer/6000108.p?id=1218720760631&skuId=600010

3D, BluRay, SACD, DVD-A, Netflix, Pandora, DLNA, Quartz Lock, etc. Very fast disc load for a BluRay picture.

Very good picture quality. Generally considered competitive with something like the Oppo 103 (which sells for $500), although if price is no object and picture quality is the only consideration, the Oppo 103 is somewhat better.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  2. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Not really. This Pioneer "player" has no analog outputs and should be considered a transport.

PhantomStranger and deadcoldfish like this.
  3. Kal Rubinson

Kal Rubinson Senior Member

Also, the Pioneer will not play FLAC files over the network nor will it play DSD files via USB or network.

4. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

I'm looking for a player for SACD and DVD-A for under $200. Blu-ray is a bonus but not required. Would this be a good choice?

5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

as long as you don't need analog outputs, or optical, it could be, coax and HDMI outputs only.

6. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Sony makes a good player for about $100

7. jwstl

jwstl Forum Resident

Sony doesn't support DVD-A...unless that's changed recently.

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure they do.

9. kwadguy

Nope, Sony doesn't support DVD-audio.

Ronald likes this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Is this marked on the shelf as $199? I need a new DVD-A player and my Blu-Ray player is from a few years back....

11. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Was this a one day sale? I can't find any thing on the net about it.....

12. olson

olson Forum Resident

You must go IN STORE to get the price.

13. Juggsnelson

Is it marked this price on the shelf or does it get discounted at the register?

14. kwadguy

Yes, as noted, the price is IN STORE only, and most likely will NOT be reflected by the shelf price. However, the price is in the computer, and the player will SCAN at that price at checkout. This is company-wide, not just at selected stores.

The only reason these are still in stock is that the price has not been advertised, but rather quietly reduced...

15. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Thanks!

16. Juggsnelson

One question: If I have a DVD disc that also has a DVD-A layer on it, would I get the DVD-A portion to play out by using the audio button on the remote? Just wondering how to select the DVD-A portion of the disc....

17. Tom Perry

Tom Perry Senior Member

Does anyone have any comments to share regarding the audio quality?

18. Juggsnelson

This is a great buy! Picked mine up today....my store only had one left and the $199 price was listed out on the floor so these might go a little more quickly than thought. I already had a SACD player which was separate from my Blu_ray player and neither one played DVD-A. I have had so many DVD-A/DVD-V hybrid discs in my collection for years (Queen, Doors, REM, Jesus and Mary Chain, Neil Young) and I am thrilled with what i am hearing from the DVD-A layer. For anyone looking to dip their foot into the SACD/DVD-A pool this is a no brainer!!! Especially with all of the recent SACD releases....Fast disc loading times, very easy to navigate which audio layer you are listening to and the price can't be beat! Big shout out to KWADGUY for posting this!!:righton:

jsayers and IronWaffle like this.
  19. TheHypnoToad

TheHypnoToad Senior Member

So is this all region out of the box or do you need to find a code or hardware solution to get it there?

20. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

I picked one up today. How do I makes this region free?

21. JackJD

JackJD All I Want is the Truth...

I believe the ElitE BDP-62 on sale at BB is not the region-free version - it plays BD disc code A and DVD disc code 1 ; Amazon sells/sold players modified to play discs of all regions .

:wave:

22. Todd Fredericks

That's a bit of a shame. One of the reasons I picked this up was because the OP mentioned region free. I didn't have time to do my normal research because I wanted to get one before they most likely went out of stock. May need to return this.

23. kwadguy

Yes, it appears that the US model is not region free out of the box. You may be able to mod it to be region free...Sorry about the mis-information...(Wish you could edit original posts...)

24. Todd Fredericks

No problem! It's a very nice player but region free is high on the list for me. I was hoping to retire my elderly Oppo.

25. kwadguy

I assume there must be a way to hack it to make it region free--since there are so many region free versions of this model being sold by third party sellers. But I wasn't able to find one in a search I just did...I found a way to make the model 51 region free...and maybe that works for this as well...but I can't say...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.