Pixar announces Incredibles 2 and Cars 3

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JFS3, Mar 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregM

GregM The expanding man

You know what I'd really like is a proper sequel to Monster's Inc. that starts right where the first one left off, with Sully walking into Boo's room after the energy crisis was solved with laughter. The prequel MU did not do it for me.

2. dewey02

dewey02 Forum Resident

Mater is the Jar Jar Binks of Pixar.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

andrewskyDE and Vidiot like this.
  3. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Doh, the early reviews of Cars 3 are not good...

It’s become impossible to watch the “Cars” movies without thinking about the inevitable product tie-ins; every new character means the opportunity for more toys, backpacks and bed sheets for the franchise’s toddler fan base, and every establishing shot of the town of Radiator Springs made me admire the degree to which the all-automotive village has been skillfully recreated at Disneyland. As a spawner of merchandise, “Cars 3” fires on all pistons but, as a movie, it’s a harmless but never stimulating 109 minutes.

'Cars 3' Review: Lightning McQueen Has Mid-Life Crisis as Series Spins Its Wheels

4. Right on, The Incredibles was a great family film.

5. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

It doesn't matter if the movie is mediocre. It will make money, and more importantly the toys more than make up for any box office failings.

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Absolutely true. If I was a studio head and I cared only about money, I could understand making this film.

7. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Well yeah, Pixar's Big Daddy is Disney....

8. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Oh, and it keeps the brand out there to encourage them to make and maintain theme park attractions and meet and greets at the Disney parks.

9. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

This would not be the first time that Disney has made a film solely because of marketing tie-ins.

10. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The Incredibles 2 starts off exactly where the first movie ended.

The Incredibles 2 Begins Right After the First Movie

Not much has been known about Bird’s The Incredibles 2, other than the fact that it hits theaters in 2018 and that frequent Bird-collaborator, Michael Giacchino, has returned to compose the sequel’s soundtrack. Pixar is expected to reveal official details regarding the upcoming sequel at the D23 Expo this weekend, possibly including the first look at the movie (aside from the artwork that emerged online earlier this week). However, ahead of the studio’s panel this afternoon, Pixar’s Chief Creative Officer John Lasseter revealed in an interview with IGN that The Incredibles 2 takes place “a minute” after the first movie:

“It starts right as the first one finishes, so it just carries on. It starts with the Underminer and a big old set piece. You know that at the end of the first movie when he comes up and you see the family dressed as superheroes, well that’s where [we] start this movie.”

Vidiot and googlymoogly like this.
  11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

A lot of times, I'm not a fan of sequels and I think (particularly in the case of Disney) it's just a big cash-grab... but I'm a big fan of Brad Bird and I really loved the first Incredibles, so I'll keep an open mind.

Deuce66 likes this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The Incredibles 2 - first look is tomorrow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.