PJ Harvey 2016 tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cwd, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cwd

cwd Forum Resident Thread Starter

Anybody going to OR have been to one of these shows? Hoping to make it to the NY one next Tuesday.

2. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I'm going to both New York shows.

cwd likes this.
  3. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

I hope she plays "Dress". I love that woman.

sans_matty likes this.
  4. cwd

5. cwd

Never been to NY before-flying in from Nashville and then back out the next morning-hope to have time for a quick stop at Katz.

6. LandHorses

If you mean Katz deli, it's nowhere near Terminal 5.

7. LandHorses

Most all of her 2016 shows are on setlist.fm.........no "Dress."

8. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

She is playing at possibly the worst live music venue in NYC, even though I'm sure could have her choice of playing any venue in town. I'm out of town, so the decision's made for me, but sheesh.

9. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

There's obviously 2017 US dates in the cards. Has she done a proper US tour since 2004?

10. cwd

Why do you call it possibly the worst-I honestly have no idea.

11. cwd

It looked like it wasn't too terribly far-my flight is scheduled to arrive at about 0900 hours-but I am going to be a stranger in a strange land. Any other recomendations?
    I read this the other way-she's just not interested in playing America-could be wrong.

12. keifspoon

keifspoon Senior Member

I can't see why? :winkgrin:

sans_matty, AZRunner and GodShifter like this.
  13. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

14. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

It was a dream. I had no expectation of it being included.

15. LandHorses

It's kind of a big cavernous warehouse - 3 stories high and bad sound/sight-lines if you're in the wrong area. Nobody likes the place......but you have to go where the shows are. It's the largest indoor GA place in NYC (almost 4000). She played there last time as well.

It's also sort of horribly located public transportation-wise. The nearest subway is 3 long blocks away at Columbus Circle or 50th St. (I'm not sure about buses.....never use them).

It's in the middle of a car dealership area......you'll see lots of Mini Coopers. Not much food around without walking up to 10th Av.

16. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

I had tickets to see her in Chicago at a small club in 1998. I couldn't go and it's still one of the biggest regrets of my life.

17. Fletch

Fletch Senior Member

I agree, it is a dump with horrible sound. Wish more artists would utilize the Hammerstein Ballroom which has similar capacity. Either way I can't wait for the show on Tuesday!

18. vertigone

vertigone Forum Resident

It's not really walking distance, but it's only a few miles. If you're there all day, it's certainly do-able via cab or subway.

She's played the Hammerstein several times in the past.

19. Cassiel

Cassiel Sonic Reducer

You nailed it; also, for those who've never been in it, a sizable portion of the standing area on the ground floor is PERPENDICULAR to the stage under the balcony overhang, so your primary view is actually of the side of the crowd who are facing the stage.

20. Merrick

Merrick The return of the Thin White Duke

I had no idea she was playing in LA! I've been wanting to see her live since 2001 and have never had the chance, so I just bought a ticket and I'm taking the night off from work to go see her!

21. cwd

I wonder if she will something from SFTCSFTS since she is in NY and all...

22. cwd

Tonight is the first of two shows in NY, I think.

23. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

I'll be there tomorrow. We are making a quick road trip. My wife found a hotel pretty close to the venue. I'm assuming I can just park the car and find a good place to eat in the general area.
    I've never seen her. I my expectations are high in general but low compared to live clips I have seen from earlier than 10 years ago. I am not watching any clips from this tour. I just want a complete new experience.

24. cwd

This will be a brand new experience for me-NYNY and PJH-but....you can reserve a parking spot in a facility near the venue-I've used that service before in Atlanta and others and reduces a HUGE headache when rushing into a major city for a quick show. Also, my understanding is that this location does bot have a lot of dining opportunities nearby, BUT in newyorkseriouseats.com I found a page of "where to eat near terminal 5"-the page is from 2014 so I am going to call a couple of the places that look good to me and make sure the info is still good.

25. LandHorses

I'm in line for tonight's show........lready people here who flew in from Florida and Texas.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.