Please recommend me some electronic music with female vox...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ultra motion, Jan 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francocozzolives

francocozzolives Well-Known Member

Or what about the First Woman of the Fruity Loops:

2. JohnBR

JohnBR Forum Resident

The Field Mice - "Missing the Moon" comes to mind:

3. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

Vintage! Sneaker Pimps - 6 Underground -

4. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

5. Lord Nigel KnickKnack

Lord Nigel KnickKnack Forum Resident

I think that Beth Orton, a frequent collaborator with Ray of Light's producer, William Orbit, would fit the bill better than anything else.

Be sure, though, to choose her "folktronica" albums and not her plainer, more traditionally folky stuff.

Check out Trailer Park or Central Reservation or Daybreaker. Kidsticks is also quite good.

6. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Hey! :mad: She's mine!! :love::p

blaken123 likes this.
  7. NightGoatToCairo

NightGoatToCairo Forum Resident

andrewskyDE likes this.
  8. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

The new debut from Norway's Pieces of Juno (known in real life as Kine Sandbæk Jensen) is sounding very nice, apparently the first of a two part release. dark and atmospheric electro-acoustic pop. I like this a lot. I don't have the "real thing" yet, and I've only been once through so far, don't think it gets release until later this week, but maybe something to look out for.

Pieces of Juno - Kalopsia

9. pathosdrama

pathosdrama Forum Resident

Kelley Lee Owens - s/t

10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

11. Dan33185

Dan33185 Dylan/Cohen/Adams/T. Buckley/Holly

12. Davey

Davey NP: a.s.o. ~ a.s.o. (2023 LP)

Her new Modern Kosmology is out this week and sounding great on my first listen through. I've a feeling this one is gonna get a bunch more exploring. Cover art is pretty cool too ...

[​IMG]

13. Runicen

Runicen Forum Resident

Since the OP already mentioned Delerium, I have to plug my favorite album, Poem. The newest, Mythologie, is also incredibly strong (I was actually surprised) and I can't speak highly enough of it.

Banco de Gaia has a few female-fronted tracks that may fit the bill. His stuff is more dance-floor oriented, so the chill vibe may not be present to the extent you want. I'd check out "Obsidian" and see how you feel about that before venturing further.

Lastly, Roger O'Donnell of The Cure put out two AMAZING albums where the instrumentation was strictly created using various Moog synthesizers if memory serves. They were The Truth in Me and Songs from the Silver Box. Both are stone classics in my view and they're about 50/50 female vocal tracks and instrumental tracks. May fit the bill for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.