POCO in concert???

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by audio, Jun 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. audio

audio New Member Thread Starter

POCO is playing a show for free about a block from where I am right now. Should I go and check them out? I don't know the band. Not sure if they suck or not?

2. Roland Stone

Roland Stone Offending Member

Yeah, go! You can always walk out and get your money back, so to speak. They should be pretty good: they're a veteran country-rock outfit, though nowadays it's probably received as straught country.

3. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I saw them in town two years ago, while the show wasn't too bad, Rusty Young made an ass of himself by shouting orders to the soundman in the middle of a number. Paul Young looked like he wanted to crawl under a rock and hide.

I was really there more to see Firefall and Pure Prairie League, truth be known.

4. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

I meant Paul Cotton, not Paul Young....long day today.

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

For free!?! Go for it!!!

They used to be considered the "poor man's Eagles" at one time. An excellent band (or used to be) - their CDs are hard to come by these days.

Yea, I know - late to the thread and the concert is over by now.

Hope you went!

6. audio

I checked them out. I was hoping to see Richie Furay, but he aint with the group anymore. They did great versions of "On the Way Home" and "Kind Woman", though. The sound was miserable. The drum overheads were out of phase and the fool had some totally useless rear speakers that were about fifty feet from the stage and were completely distorted. Nothing like crappy sound to ruin a concert. Kind of like bad mastering.

Attached Files:

7. audio

I wish Rusty would have shouted some orders at the sound man this evening. The guy sucked big time.

8. rjp

rjp Senior Member

someone, much more intelligent than myself, said it best, the eagles are a poor man's poco.

if you have both discography's and you really listen, he was right.

renny

9. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Poco

I still dig them. I have their most recent CD. Got a signed copy off their website thanks to a tip from a fellow forum dude ( I don't have time to search for the name but thanks again!). If they came here I would go see them. It's hard to loose Richie Furay and Timothy B and not take a hit but they are still strong. Rusty is amazing pedal player
    Thanks for the pic prixie
    peace
    Norm

10. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I would like to see a good reissue of Delivering. I always though that album to be underrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.