Police " Message In A Box Volume 2 Coming..."

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by full moon, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

:agree: You better believe it! :laugh:

2. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

This is a bootleg, right? ;) That track lineup looks just like what I'd expect to see on a bootleg set of CDRs in standard jewel-cases, cellophane-taped together with a $10 price tag on it in a shady corner of a small town flea market.

Craig(VC).

3. johmbolaya

johmbolaya Active Member

The remixes have their place, and that would be on singles. I would prefer to go into the vaults and find any alternate takes, outtakes, and whatnot, but not remixes. It makes it out to be a big deal, a sequel to a great box, but "the goods" could be reduced to just one CD.

4. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Honestly, they should make this available as a download only or Hip-O Select kinda thing. As the song says: I think I smell a rat... :shh:

5. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

Ugh! Maybe one good disc of material in total (not counting the Boston show).

Dave

6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I don't believe this track listing. No way. Who says this is "official", anyway?

I reserve judgement until we hear something more concrete. :rolleyes:

7. Bobo U2

Bobo U2 Active Member

It's only on the true mono version....Right?:angel: :D

8. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I'm watching the documentary again, this time with the commentary track. Check it out if you haven't listened to Stewart and Andy's banter. It's quite funny in places and I'm pleased to hear that they are still very friendly.

Early on, during a circa '78 shot of Sting walking into a little motel somewhere in the south, you see him carring his bass case in the left hand and luggage in the right. Andy's comment while seeing this shot was "those days are over"....followed quickly by a...."Thank God!" I think he realized that Sting might take his comment the wrong way (or possibly even the way Andy intended it. :) )

9. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Well, I don't have the Police Live and I *still* don't plan to pick this up. Just looks mind-explodingly pointless.

Just out of curiosity, do the Police even have a lot of unreleased material (i.e., aside from the couple of B-sides that weren't on the original box)?

10. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

my first thought reading that track list was, "This is a fake." Speachless.

11. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

Earbooks, not seen them yet. Are they the same size as an jewel case? How are the cd's placed inside, in a jewelcase, digipack?

12. Looks fake to me too.

13. full moon

full moon Forum Resident Thread Starter

This is ajoke right?

14. John Cantrell

John Cantrell Active Member

Aaaaahh. That explains it. I was wondering whose pension fund was supposed to be padded with this abomination :p

15. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Yes, I've heard the commentary and was also very pleased by their comeraderie :righton: That part w/sting in the motel room is interesting--definitely something from the early days.

The "Can't Stand Losing Ewe" footage with them and the sheep is just too much. Andy's comment: What were we doing?! :biglaugh:

We definitely need to get a thread going on the book and or video.
    ------------

Sorry to digress...Back to discussing the Message in a Box v.2!

16. johnny 99

johnny 99 Down On Main Street

I thought it said in the orig. liner notes in the 93 box that "simply put, it's all here, every note" It's all I need, that's for sure...

17. signothetimes53

signothetimes53 Senior Member

That made me bust out loud laughing. Sting carrying his own luggage?!?

:laugh:

18. Mike Dow

Great idea! You start, I'll join! :righton: Both the book and video are a must for Police fans.

19. Mike Dow

:laugh: There are lots of candid moments like that in Stewart's movie. When Sting saw it, I'll bet he said to himself, "Wow...I used to be normal!" ;)

20. A buddy of mine worked the venue when Sting came to Knoxville in '86.
    He saw this: Sting-o could not be bothered to touch a single doorknob.
    He had to have an entourage just to go to the toilet.

21. seg763

seg763 Forum Resident

B I N G O ! :righton:

22. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

I'll get something going tomorrow evening. :thumbsup:

23. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

This is the worst box ever.
    8 thousand crappy remixes and the live album that came out 10 years ago and that was already remastered. This will sell like 2 copies.

24. factor

factor Active Member

I will "acquire" the two or three interesting selections (Truth Hits Everybody remix, De Do Do Do demo, etc.). But really, there's not enough here to warrant even one disc.

25. Mike Dow

I agree with those who are suggesting that this might not be the final track listing. Just about everyone who has chimed in has had some dissenting remarks about the list we saw. A box coinciding with a Police reunion would have to be a special event designed to sell as many copies as possible, right? With that in mind, it would have to be an impressive lineup of primarily unreleased material in order to really "move some units" (I hate that term but lets face it, thats what they have in mind). I'm not going to get too wigged out about this. Lets wait until an official final track listing has been announced. I might get wigged out then! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.