Polk Flagship Line Speaker Sale - Hurry!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by SandAndGlass, May 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident Thread Starter

Shoot me a PM if you would like me to send you a PM of a copy of a PM that I sent out earlier today.

I will also include a copy of another post that I made in response for another member.

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Sent! Thanks.

3. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

I agree with the ring radiator description, my favorite tweeter type, very detailed yet non-fatiguing.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  4. George P

George P Notable Member

Glad to hear that! I just got an email that my LSiM703s shipped and will arrive tomorrow. Can't wait to hear them! (I'm even leaving work early so I can hear them sooner!)

[​IMG]

sirmikael, 4xoddic and SandAndGlass like this.
  5. George P

George P Notable Member

More info for those still considering this Polk sale. They offer a 45 day money back guarantee and they pay return shipping. So no risk!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  6. SquishySounds

SquishySounds Yo mama so fat Thanos had to snap twice.

On one hand I love a good sale. On the other this just means a ‘new reference’ line is probably coming 1st qtr 2018

7. George P

George P Notable Member

SandAndGlass likes this.
  8. SandAndGlass

They also had a sale on the LSiM line after the first of the year I think that it was around the end of February or the Beginning of March, it might have been last year. It is when I bought the large center channel to match the 707's.

Manimal likes this.
  9. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

My LSiM 705s arrived last week...one was damaged internally and sounded like crap. The box indicated it had been dropped.

Polk sent a replacement which finally got here yesterday. I have them set up. My initial impressions are good, especially the big improvement in bass over my Totems, which is really no surprise.

I'm hoping the mids and highs will sweeten up a bit after they break in...

Manimal, SandAndGlass and M.R.Collins like this.
  10. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Keep the updates coming. Interesting and nice speakers, congrats.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  11. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Ridiculous deal on these at Adorama right now:

$1399 for a 5 SPEAKER PACKAGE that includes two 705s, two 703s AND a 704 center.

I paid $1500 just for two 705s and thought that was pretty good. If they had this set in cherry I would send the ones I got from Polk back, and reorder this set from Adorama. (In our house the cherry color has higher WAF. The black was deemed "too industrial looking".)

SandAndGlass and George P like this.
  12. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

Check the link I just posted above..

Manimal and George P like this.
  13. George P

George P Notable Member

I actually prefer the black (and so does my girlfriend.)

That is a sick deal, though!

Manimal likes this.
  14. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I think most people who aren't as ancient as me prefer the more modern looking black. I was kind of surprised my wife didn't. I could sort of go either way. But it's also interesting they seem to be out of the cherry...

15. SandAndGlass

Just be aware, that the "cherry" is just a finish in the clear coat and not real cherry wood. Because of that, my preference is the Midnight Mahogany.

For $100 less than you paid, you get two rear speakers AND a center channel!

This is a stupid ridiculous deal. Together, the speakers in this package, retail for $5,250.00. This package price equals a 73% discount off of the normal retail pricing.

[​IMG]
    Someone who needs a system that can do both 2-channel stereo and 5.1 surround sound, perfect for HT.

I doubt if you will find any deals out there that will compete with this one. Perfect timing for the holiday's!

dolsey01 likes this.
  16. RND4mGuy

RND4mGuy Forum Resident

Hi, new to the SH forums. I acted quickly and jumped on the Adorama deal for $1399. I wasn't even in the market for new speakers and convinced the wife that I needed to jump on this deal for our future finished basement theater area. Finally they arrived and the 2-705 boxes were horribly beaten up and upon opening them, the towers were damaged in multiple places. So, I filed a damaged claim with Adorama and they in turn filed a claim with UPS. Still haven't heard them but man are they beautiful!!

I'll run the 705s full range 2-channel in the master bedroom until we get the basement finished. Now, I need to buy a good integrated. Any recommendations for one that can power these full range and hopefully has a HT (home theater) bypass feature?

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  17. SandAndGlass

I would take a look at the;

Outlaw Audio
    RR 2160 Retro Stereo Receiver, $799.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I have not personally seen or heard this in person, but there is an exciting thread on our forum here. I have made some of my observations about it. If I were in the market for another SS integrated, this would be the one.

It is similar and perhaps better and fuller featured, than the Peachtree iNova, that I bought some years back (used on eBay), I first had purchased a factory refurbished Nova back in 2011 for $900. The iNova retailed for $1,800 when it first came out.

Check it out and enjoy your 705's. I'm listening to my 705's right now.

18. MacMan2007

MacMan2007 Forum Resident

I also ordered the package deal from Adorama. Ordered yesterday and tracking info indicates several packages shipped from Baltimore (I guess direct from Polk's HQ) and will arrive in Atlanta tomorrow! I figured with free shipping it would take forever, so am pretty excited. I also was not in the market, but seeing the rave reviews and pricing, I figured why not. No interest in home theater, so plan to sell the 703s and center. Going by past sales info on ebay, I'm projecting paying around $300 or $400 in the end for the 705s. Sounds like they're worth it!!

Manimal and SandAndGlass like this.
  19. SandAndGlass

Smart! You have that one all figured out. Yes, my orders from Polk have been shipped out of Baltimore. I see that you are in Atlanta, so the Baltimore shipping may be reserved for east coast customers, who knows? I do find that, for free shipping and something that is as heavy as large tower speakers (the 707's weigh 99-lbs. each), they move the shipping right along.

A little hint for the two posters who bought into the Adorama deal. Be especially careful when you unpack your speakers. The grills are metal and are held on magnetically. Don't let the grills get bent, not the slightest little bit, or they will not stay on.

If, by chance, a grill does get bent, then, place it on a hard flat floor and carefully bend it so that it will lay flat on the floor.

Manimal likes this.
  20. RND4mGuy

RND4mGuy Forum Resident

UPS came and picked up the two 705s for return. Hopefully the new ones will be in better shape. I'm super excited to have the 705s as a two-channel set-up in my master bedroom.

I've never owned an integrated amplifier before so researching and shopping for one is a lot of fun! On my shortlist is the Marantz pm8005, the Yamaha a-s2000, the Peachtree Nova 150, and the NAD c388 integrated. I'm trying to keep it under $1,500. I know that some of these will need a separate DAC for my digital sources.

Manimal likes this.
  21. riverrat

riverrat Senior Member

I seriously considered sending my 705s back to Polk (bought them during the recent 50% off sale and haven't passed the 45 day return window), and reordering the package from Adorama. But I have the "cherry" (colored) veneer, in our house it goes over better with the Chief. I'm the kind of guy that gets bummed if I don't get the absolutely best deal available, and in this case I didn't. But I'm still pretty happy, the 705s sound very good and are still breaking in.

If you can pull off getting a set of 705s for less than $500 net, you will have secured a fantastic deal, IMO. Good luck!

22. MacMan2007

MacMan2007 Forum Resident

riverrat - thanks so much for posting the deal! Can't wait to get mine broken in. I'll probably play with the 703s too just to make sure I like the 705s best. Hoping my parasound a23 has the juice to make them sing!

23. Litejazz53

Litejazz53 Perfect Sound Through Crystal Clear Digital

Here you go, absolute best bet! With a nice balanced input to top things off, oh yes![​IMG]

[​IMG]

Manimal likes this.
  24. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

Upscale Audio has a Peachtree Pre and 220 amp for about 1300.00 I'm sure it's similar to the 150. Really good prices at about 50% off. I'm tempted myself but really need to wait. I also took advantage of the Adoroma deal. My boxes were a little beat up but not horrifically so.

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. 62caddy

62caddy Forum Resident

That's a bit disappointing to learn. Polk claims "genuine hardwood veneer" in advertising materials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.