Poll: Best 3 tracks omitted from Alice Cooper's Greatest Hits lp

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Fell, Apr 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9la

9la Forum Resident

Pretty good, my 3 choices matched 3 of the top 4 in the results. But as mestreech posted, "Never Been Sold Before" has the right sound.

2. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

"Halo Of Flies" is my favourite track on Killer, but that album is in turn is my favourite A.C. album, so it's not like I don't like the other tracks too.

"My Stars" and also "Public Animal #9" would be my other top picks from School's Out, but I think "Gutter Cats..." is more important, it has had more precence in the live repertoire over the years and the West Side Story reference is a significant piece of the Cooper puzzle (it's also the only other track picked for Life and Crimes).

Rufus rag likes this.
  3. John Fell

John Fell Forum Survivor Thread Starter

According to the set list site I was using when I compiled the choices, Killer is the most played track from the Killer album that wasn't included on Greatest Hits.

Personally Dead Babies is my favorite track from Killer that is not included. Both Killer and Dead Babies were included on the Life And Crimes of Alice Cooper box set.

However both Halo Of Flies and Dead Babies are played live quite a bit.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Killer is the most played because that’s when they did the whole execution bit.

John Fell likes this.
  5. John Fell

If it wasn't a single or played live much, I didn't include it.

6. 99thfloor

99thfloor Senior Member

I was only talking about School's Out songs, since it's only represented by the one song I though it needed another, for the sake of balance.

In recent years they have often inluded "Halo Of Flies" in the show, at least when I've seen them (might be a European thing), and they always do the whole song (unlike many of the other "epics", like "Dead Babies", "Killer" or "I Love the Dead", where they only play a snippet of it in some medley).

7. John Fell

They have played both Halo Of Flies and Dead Babies live quite a bit. More than some of the other songs on the list.

I tried to include a few choices from each album. If I just included the most played songs, more would have been on the list from Billion Dollar Babies. For example, Raped and Freezin' and Unfinished Sweet would have knocked some of the Muscle of Love choices off the list.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. Exit Flagger

Exit Flagger Forum Resident

I voted for Halo of Flies which would be highly impractical on the album but is my favorite AC song.

Rufus rag likes this.
  9. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Generation Landslide
    Blue Turk
    Ballad of Dwight Fry

Rufus rag likes this.
  10. jstger6969

jstger6969 Forum Resident

Caught in a Dream
    Gutter Cat Vs The Jets
    Public Animal #9