Poll: "Billion Dollar Babies" album by Alice Cooper in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Mountain Cowboy, Apr 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Don't know if anyone's posted this before, but it blew my mind to find out a few years ago that the voice you hear in the Billion Dollar Babies track itself that sounds British is none other than peaceful folk musician Donovan! I'd always thought it was "Alice" himself overdubbed or something.

2. a customer

a customer Forum Resident

The last alice Cooper album I purchased. The dream was over for for me. The end for me for black sabbath deep purple uriah heep albums.

3. DME1061

DME1061 Forum Resident

What I consider essential.......I have Pretties For You up through Muscle of Love. Killer being my favorite followed closely by Billion Dollar Babies (my first purchase of theirs).

Rufus rag likes this.
  4. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

o_O

5. Kiss73

Kiss73 Forum Resident

I have everything up to and including Welcome To My Nightmare, which I consider essential. Alice Coopers Greatest Hits may just be the greatest album of all time.

Beyond this its all very patchy in terms of Alice's albums....BUT.....I think last years Paranormal is an essential AC album and as good as any on that first run of albums.

6. Rufus rag

Rufus rag Forum Resident

Everything up until From the Inside is essential, after that things got very patchy!

7. TheLoveDrags

TheLoveDrags Forum Resident

I have evreything from the original band and then random stuff after that...

Rufus rag likes this.
  8. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

To me essential AC records are;

1.Love It To Death
    2.Killer(w/calendar)
    3.Billion Dollar Babies(w/money insert)
    4.Alice Coopers Greatest Hits (1974)

Note:I have Schools Out (w/panties) but don't consider whole LP essential although Schools Out along with I'm Eighteen are the pinnacle of AC output.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    patel kismet likes this.
  9. Essential to me are all the original Alice Cooper Group releases: Pretties For You to Muscle of Love, Greatest Hits, and only non-original group release being Welcome to my Nightmare.

10. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I own the two disc deluxe edition of this one, along with all of the other original Alice Cooper band releases, but nothing after that. I wish that some of the other early albums, like Killer and Love It To Death, would get the deluxe treatment like this.

11. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

Yes, I'd love to see each of the band albums get a deluxe edition. Like most all things regarding the band, it's one of those items that seems like it would have been deserving right off the bat, but I guess it just hasn't been done across the entire catalogue. Or they simply don't feel they would sell in enough quantities?

I guess I'm just glad that we are at least getting the nice Rhino reissues on vinyl. When the labels aren't being mixed up, that is! :)

12. Crawlin From The Wreckage

Crawlin From The Wreckage Custom Titled

Have just a best of. Although I like some of the music, I never really got past bands/artists with a gimmick. Kiss, Alice Cooper etc. I never understood the need for the elaborate costumes. Play the music - rock on.

13. jeffd7030

jeffd7030 I can't complain, but sometimes I still do.

Love the album.
    I have original green label gatefold LP with all inserts.
    Quadraphonic LP
    Deluxe CD

14. Beatnik_Daddyo'73

Beatnik_Daddyo'73 Music Addiction Personified

...got the early ACB albums up to and including Billion $$ Babies.

15. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

No 'Billion Dollar Babies' but some of his other albums.

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

yes of course...

17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I have everything from Pretties For You through Alice Cooper Goes To Hell and a few albums from after that point.

Billion Dollar Babies isn't my favorite Cooper LP (Love It To Death holds that spot) but it's arguably their best and certainly their most important. That album is why you still know who Alice Cooper is. It made them the biggest band in America for a time, albeit a very short time.

18. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I always thought that too. I remember seeing Donovan's name in the credits but I always thought he was singing backup on "Generation Landslide" or something like that. I always thought that his part was just Alice putting on a phony British accent. You'd think it would have been a more publicized thing. Perhaps it was and I just was too young to know about it!

19. Kingsley Fats

Kingsley Fats Forum Resident

Yes I'd like to see those two get the deluxe treatment.

In addition to the commonly listed essentials I have Muscle Of Love & the Lifes & Crimes box. The solo material is of little interest to me.

20. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Only a hits comp.

21. Jimmy Agates

Jimmy Agates CRAZY DOCTOR

I have every Alice album but I have 3 copies of Billion $ Babies at present!

22. Mike Reynolds

Mike Reynolds Forum Resident

While Billion Dollar Babies is the only A.C. cd in my collection, I have downloaded 25 of his other tracks from iTunes to create two, 15-song "Best Of" cds.

23. Gila

Gila Forum Resident

I have every album from Love It to Death until and including Paranormal.

Speaking of Billion Dollar Babies, is there a stereo version of Slick Black Limousine / Coral Black Model T available anywhere?

24. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

B$B is my all time favorite Cooper album, a perfect album.

I own:
    Original US vinyl
    German 80’s vinyl reissue
    Original German CD
    Rhino Deluxe CD
    DVD-A

I voted ”All officially...” both band and solo.

Rufus rag likes this.
  25. applebonkerz

applebonkerz Senior Member

Yes all of them up to Muscle of Love, but I also have Goes To Hell, and Life and Crimes box. That covers everything I like perfectly.

Billion Dollar Babies the song, is my favorite of everything the group did.

patel kismet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.