Poll: 'Fearless' album by Taylor Swift in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

@Monosterio Someone even pointed out Taylor's planned response. :laugh:

The bar says "search" not "notes".

[​IMG]

:biglaugh:

zebop likes this.
  2. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

All those people were saying she was a phony or something? Wow!

3. Sneaky Pete

Sneaky Pete Flat the 5 and That’s No Jive

She's got talent, but she's not my cup of tea. No Talyor Swift music for me.

4. JohnnyQuest

There was thousands, maybe millions, of people clowning her on Twitter and Instagram.

5. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

" I would very much like to be excluded from this narrative, one that I have never asked to be a part of, since 2009. So I hit Twitter in an effort to exclude myself from further attention and to not keep this tempest in a teapot churning... Why can't everyone focus on important issues like world peace, like I've had my Squad of fame-hungry sycophantic surrogates asking ? I wanted to believe Kanye... I just wanted to believe..."

Oh do shut up. Cyborg.

D.D.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  6. mmerone

mmerone Senior Member

Hey, I'm a old man Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks, Dylan etc. fan, but Fearless is a really strong album. You should give her a chance. Good production, Good band, usually good songs. All of her l.p.'s are strong. No nasty letters please.

7. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

Id like Taylor swift to do many things to me, subjecting me to her music is not one of them though :evil:

sewerdog and keefer1970 like this.
  8. Monosterio

Monosterio Forum Resident

Unfortunately, with her you don't get those things you want without eventually being the subject of her music. :winkgrin:

SITKOL'76 and JohnnyQuest like this.
  9. Weirdomusic

Weirdomusic Forum Resident

I wouldn't even recognize her music if someone played it for me.

Moshe and ZoSoUK like this.
  10. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

In my collection I have 1989 and Speak Now on vinyl but they actually belong to my wife. I bought them for her even though she already has the compact discs and all her other studio albums on CD. I like all her music save for a couple songs. Do I actually listen to them myself? No.

11. ZoSoUK

ZoSoUK Forum Resident

small price to pay :love:

Monosterio likes this.
  12. If I Can Dream_23

If I Can Dream_23 Forum Resident

I'm one who always reminds myself of the first rule of thumb in popular music - appeal holds far more weight than substance. Never confuse the two. It will just complicate matters. You may also find yourself singing the lyrics to "Shake It Off" when you'd be better served reading a Hemingway novel. That's okay. Life is meant to be tasted like frosting... :shtiphat:

Rick H. likes this.
  13. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

The cover seems to mimic Madonna's Ray of Light. But with massive amounts of hair extensions.
    [​IMG]
    I always hate when country pop steals shamelessly from regular pop and rock music, apparently with the mind that the fans are too unsophisticated to notice. Talk about "reductive" (Madonna's term for Lady Gaga)

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  14. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

Honestly, I don't see that much similarity, certainly not to the point of shamelessly stealing. And why is it wrong for country to borrow from rock/pop when the reverse has been going on for decades? Should genres be completely segregated with no cross pollination?

15. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Well, because the rock and pop elements are used to water down the country elements, which is indeed shameless if you ask me. They take a rock riff or even a hip hop beat and it sounds so neutered.

16. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

I like this Fearless album.

[​IMG]

17. Tristero

Tristero In possession of the future tense

I'm not going to try to defend modern country because I don't listen to it or like it--particularly the more commercial variety--but there have been plenty of talented crossover figures from both sides of the divide over the years, so in principle, I don't see anything wrong with melding the different styles.

18. PiratesFan

PiratesFan Forum Resident

I don't have any of her stuff. She's written some really good songs, but her singing just doesn't do it for me.

19. JohnnyQuest

I need to remember this every time I step in to defend modern Pop.

20. Rose River Bear

Rose River Bear Senior Member

I don't have any of her music but I listen to some of her songs on the internet.
    I don't know why I don't like her more because Ryan Adams likes her and I like Ryan Adams.

BluesOvertookMe likes this.
  21. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

No music at all, but I did watch this video a few times. :shh:

22. Rocker

Rocker Senior Member

Just goes to show how tastes can differ.... "Style" and "Wildest Dreams" were two of my favourites!

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  23. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Nice version of Wildest Dreams

If I Can Dream_23 likes this.
  24. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

One of my favorite current artists. Lots of great music on each of her albums.

25. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Most of her albums. I used to make fun of her, now I know better. "Red" is easily her best album.

ralph7109 and If I Can Dream_23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.