Poll: 'Fearless' album by Taylor Swift in your collection?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AdamCalifornia, Jul 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BryanA-HTX

BryanA-HTX Crazy Doctor

She sure flippin' does, but I have no interest in her music.

I'm probably one of the few on this forum that's younger than her.

2. Rick H.

Rick H. Raised on AM Radio

My daughter has all her releases. I bought her the Vinyl LP of 1989. I like it. She has some catchy tunes.

3. MusicMatt

MusicMatt Quality over Quantity

Loved Fearless especially the song "Change." The next album,Speak Now is her best album. I bought Red and listened to it once. Heard some stuff off of 1989 and decided not to buy it.

4. Thievius

Thievius Blue Oyster Cult-ist

I'm not a 16 year old girl, so no I don't own any Taylor Swift.

Oh, I'm just teasing. :wiggle:

5. xilef regnu

xilef regnu Senior Member

I'll buy her records when she turns 40.

6. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

My 10 year old daughter loves her, and I bought it for her.....so it is technically not in my collection, and I do not dig it.

7. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Looking at the poll results ... I know I'm in the right place. Phew!

8. Rick Bartlett

Rick Bartlett Forum Resident

Just to upset the apple cart :D Speak Now, Red and 1989 are Great! I have em on vinyl, and have two copies of Red, one on
    beautiful Red colour vinyl!
    Oh, I have a nice picture disc too to look at.
    Hubba Hubba

9. Sondek

Sondek Forum Resident

Children's music.

Carserguev and Ghostworld like this.
  10. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

It's pretty damn inspid.

Sondek and Drifter like this.
  11. YMC4

YMC4 EVthing or Nothing

my daughter started playing acoustic guitar in part due to 'Speak Now' album when it was released so... i'm indebted to taylor for that.
    in fact, i got her first electric/amp set for her sweet 16th just few weeks back...however she despise taylor now for her facade & yells at me if i play her.

jon9091 likes this.
  12. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

I am amazed there are nearly 30 people here who even admit to owning any of Taylor Swift's output. After all this is supposed to be a music forum. :)

Natcat likes this.
  13. TeacFan

TeacFan Forum Resident In Memoriam

I just had Shearing on there, man!

14. The Killer

The Killer Dung Heap Rooster

I haven't got anything by her but my kid has all her stuff and really likes her. Her songs can be quite complex in structure and shouldn't just be dismissed as teen pop nonsense. I took my kid to a Taylor Swift concert (oldest out of a crowd of 50,000!) and I was actually quite impressed with her show.

So not my thing or most most people's on here by the look of it but she's not worthy of being dismissed out of hand or ridiculed. I rec.

15. Jupiter

Jupiter Forum Resident

She needs to eat some lard.

16. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

No, never owned any of her albums, never sold any of her albums.

17. Natcat

Natcat Forum Resident

Yeah, if it carries on like this, there'll be members posting about their Justin Bieber collection.

Ghostworld and kronning like this.
  18. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

I could tolerate Taylor Swift up until she did Red. For all the talent she showed us on Speak Now, I find her newer stuff unbearably hollow.

ralph7109 likes this.
  19. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

I thought this forum was about people's interest and opinions about music, not just what you decide is music.

johnaltman, Kate_C. and MusicMatt like this.
  20. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Red was the bridge from the great (Speak Now) to possibly her worst release (1989).

It had some really good music that was a continuation of Speak Now and some unfortunate material that would point to 1989.

Taylor's desire to be the "it" girl and Max Martin were the worst things to happen to Taylor's music.

The7thStranger likes this.
  21. The7thStranger

The7thStranger Part of the Rhythm Nation

Exactly. Basically, all of the singles from Red were signs of what was really important to her. And clearly, it's fame. I was so disappointed in her when she released "Bad Blood," which was a battle cry for the superficial.

ralph7109 likes this.
  22. ralph7109

ralph7109 Forum Resident

Begin Again was one that wasn't a bad single (it might have been a country music only single).

However, I thought it was a much better song at first because I thought it was about rekindling a love with the same person. If you look at the lyrics and it's the same person, it would have been great!
    Then upon a closer look at the lyrics you realize she is about to bring up and complain about her old boyfriend on her first date with someone else.

I guess write what you know, Taylor.

23. chervokas

chervokas Senior Member

I have all her studio work except the first album which I never much cared for although I do think "Picture to Burn" is terrific. Red actually is my favorite of her albums, by far. I think it's got great sonic diversity and there's not a weak moment on it. Neither statement I think is true of any of her other albums, all of which have some really great, moving moments with great storytelling songwriting full of the language of real contemporary speech, and dramatic events with beginnings middles and ends and cinematic scenes you can see with your mind's eye: my favorite kind of songwriting; but most of which also have some kind of dead spots. I think I liked 1989 least of any record she's done since the first one. Not that there isn't some really good stuff on it, but I think only "Clean" is up to the level of her best work. Anyway, I'm a fan and always look forward to whatever she's going to do next.

SITKOL'76 likes this.
  24. ManFromCouv

ManFromCouv Employee #3541

I know she's the biggest star in music right now, but I can't name any of her songs. I'm not even certain what kind of music she plays.

JohnnyQuest likes this.
  25. MusicMatt

MusicMatt Quality over Quantity

She started off with country then more country rock and now does pop music. Pop music along with Twitter feuds with rap stars. One of the reasons I don't listen to her anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.