Poll: Game of Thrones - who would you want to win?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by brew ziggins, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner Thread Starter

All of a sudden, the battle lines are clarified. I realized we could be looking at an endgame where there'd be sentimental favorites on opposing sides: Jon and Sansa and Davos and Tormund et al v Dany and Varys and Tyrion & Co. And Drogon.

Simple question. Should it boil down to that, who would you root for?
    I don't expect Cersei to last much longer (despite the fact that hasn't proved to be a winning strategy) and that few would root for House Lannister. But I offer it as a choice.

Voting for White Walkers is not an option

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

House Targaryen

3. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

4. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

House Stark.

5. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

"Targaryan, Stark, Lannister...... they're just spokes on the wheel. Some are up, when other are down.
    I don't want to stop the wheel.. I WANT TO DESTROY IT!"

6. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

Been saying this to my wife since last season. Would be apropos.

GentleSenator likes this.
  7. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

I've been a House of Stark partisan, but GRRM said that this saga began as the story of Daenerys and he wrote the rest around it.

GodShifter likes this.
  8. Stark and Targaryan will unite and win.

neo123 likes this.
  9. Chris from Chicago

Chris from Chicago Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes

On the strength of your equation...the Targaryans win hands down. Not close. Game over. But the Starks have to be sentimental favorites, don't they?

And I'm not so sure the Starks and Targaryans don't team up to whoop some White Walker booty.

10. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner Thread Starter

With respect to the distribution of forces and game over, there is at least one wild card; Bran's warging. I fully expect him to possess a dragon by the end of the series.

Starks and Targaryans teaming up? Excellent thought.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  11. GodShifter

GodShifter Forum Member

The Starks have been the heart and soul of this story since the first novel. Arguably, no family has lost and suffered more (the Lannisters are close).

The original story was built around Daenerys, but the focus of the story has been the Starks since the first book.

Aggie87 and Chris from Chicago like this.
  12. misterdecibel

Starks and Targaryans may have to team up out of necessity before this thing is over, but I bet it doesn't start out that way.

13. Beehelp

Beehelp New Member

SO when is the next season, it's 2017 already!

14. ducksdeluxe

ducksdeluxe A voice in the wilderness.

15. Never saw this poll. I vote for House Stark--honorable but bloodied, they will lead the way.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

i think that's the secret hope we all cling to, but they just can't catch a break. in some ways, i just hope for the white walkers to win.

17. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

I'm hoping house Stark will rule all, but...who the heck really knows with this show :shrug:

18. GregM

GregM The expanding man

Jon Snow doesn't really fall into any of those houses, but I'd pick him marrying Daenerys.

19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

That is my feeling as well.

I also wonder if Jaime Lannister will turn on his sister after seeing what she did.

20. vince

TEAM SAMM!

21. skimminstones

skimminstones Forum Resident

was watching some repeats the other day and ive no idea when Sam's story is going. It must be heading somewhere for them to bother keeping him in there but where? God knows.

It seems too easy for Dany and Stark to just join forces and whoop lanister **** so ive no dea where this show is heading which is probably one reason i absolutely ****ing love it. Best show on TV in the last 30 years in my opinion.

22. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Geez, I just read that HBO's got FOUR Game Of Thrones spin-offs in the works!!! I guess that when the series ends, it's not over! I'd heard rumors of a spin-off, but I figured it would be some kind of prequel featuring Ned Stark, which can still happen. But 4 spin-offs have to include a story AFTER GOT finishes, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as long as the original series ends conclusively. What a disappointment it would be if GOT doesn't end conclusively. If they leave any type of unanswered cliff hanger questions simply to set up a spin off, it would truly suck!!! But these are all questions that won't be answered for many years so.....

23. misterdecibel

One would assume that his training as a maester will lead to the discovery of something that will be an advantage to defeat the White Walkers.

24. vince

Well, both he (and we) know what can defeat them.... DRAGONGLASS!

25. Hotncrusty

Hotncrusty Member

House Targaryen... because Danaerys, Tyrion, and Jon Snow are all Targaryens.

GentleSenator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.