[POLL] How do you discover new music?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pathosdrama, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groover

groover Forum Resident

Streaming all the way

Crimson jon likes this.
  2. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Mostly from magazines (Classic Rock Magazine and Fireworks).

Also some from "word of mouth" from friend recommendations or "word of fingers" from reading threads up here.

3. SuntoryTime

SuntoryTime Forum Resident

I listen to groove salad / soma.fm and buzzoutroom for chillout, search Youtube for vapourwave and old obscure yacht rock I missed back in 1979-81 (when I turned my nose up at anything that wasn't post-punk) and regularly check ambientmusicguide.com. I read Mojo's reviews. I get turned on to a lot of stuff here, too. Most recently, the yacht rock revivalists Young Gun Silver Fox and State Cows. My musical taste is regressing. At my current age, rock and roll grates my nerves and easy listening (by whatever name it goes by now) soothes and comforts me.

4. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

A couple shows on WFMU, Bandcamp and word of mouth are the primary ways for me. Also have some favorite labels that I follow. Thankful that there's so much good new music.

warewolf95 likes this.
  5. mr.datsun

mr.datsun Incompletist

Same way I always did. Reading, listening and personal recommendations from friends. Add the Internet to the reading section.

I never follow statistically-based recommendations from consumer and streaming services. :)

6. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

Usually, it seems i tend to hear about new artists from other artists i like.

I was a huge Oasis fan and Noel G kept raving on Weller. Cue me checkibg out Weller.

Etc

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

How?
    EAr

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.