Poll: how do you orientate your LP inner sleeves?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Erik Tracy, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Pinhead

The Pinhead KING OF BOOM AND SIZZLE IN HELL

:yikes:

[​IMG]

MikeInFla and Ghostworld like this.
  2. I always used to place the inner sleeve up for extra dust protection, just like most of the other posters here. One day I got a used album in the mail that was in one of these resealable Japanese outer sleeves oriented with the inner and outer sleeve opening on the side. (adhesive seal running from top to bottom on the back side of the jacket) The resealable "flap" opened to the side and the record could be removed easily without pulling the outer sleeve off or completely taking the inner sleeve out of the jacket. This worked really slick and could be accomplished with less "handling" of the jacket, inner or outer sleeve. The jacket didn't get taken in and out of the outer sleeve every time I played the album. The inner sleeve did not have to be fully extracted, therefore minimizing handling and pressure on the jacket seam. The outer sleeve flap covers the slot on the side of the album and seals well on the back, so I am not worried about the dust issue. (Reason I used to store these inner sleeve up to begin with.) I realize this is unorthodox, but it really works well for me. I can get records in and out of the jacket easily and quickly with minimal handling. The resealable outer sleeves are high quality, very clear, and cost me $34 for my first hundred. I liked this technique well enough that I am going ahead and order a couple hundred more outer sleeves. Wish I could claim this was my idea, but once again, I bought a Chris Whitley album that was set up in this fashion and liked it so well that I decided to try it with my other albums.
    [​IMG]

The Pinhead and Gumboo like this.
  3. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I hate sleeves. They're a pain to get back into the cover. I wish they would just make covers with protective material attached to the cardboard.

The Pinhead and Sailfree like this.
  4. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Sleeve opening aligned with the LP cover jacket opening. Then an outer sleeve opening aligned with the top of the LP cover jacket. I could be wrong, but I feel this allows less crap from inside old sleeves (dust, specks of cardboard) to get into the inner sleeve.

5. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Happy Audiophile

Option A, of course. Also, I keep most of my LP covers in clear plastic sleeves, with the album spine at the sleeve opening (for visibility).

6. The Pinhead

I always wondered why they wouldn't. I went to a record store that has recently added a lot of new vinyl on a dedicated section and noticed some sealed records that came with these sleeves from the factory, so maybe.....

7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

I love inner sleeves that have liner notes and extra artwork. I would hate not to have that anymore.

8. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

[​IMG]

:angel:

9. timztunz

timztunz Audioista

Yer sick brother, but I love it! :righton:

The Trinity likes this.
  10. The Trinity

The Trinity Do what thou wilt, so mote be it.

That is the nicest thing anyone has said to me today. Thank-you.

timztunz likes this.
  11. Brudy

Brudy Senior Member

When records are still in my new pile, sleeves are oriented for extraction. Once they're filed into the general population, sleeves up for protection.

12. The Pinhead

Ooops ! Same here:o

The Trinity and timztunz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.