POLL - More Death (Pt.2) Choose Your Favourite Songs

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DeadLoss, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeadLoss

DeadLoss Well-Known Member Thread Starter

My previous 'death discs' poll seemed to go down quite well, so here's a follow-up. I've used some poster's suggestions from that original thread; thank you to all who contributed.

2. John54

John54 Senior Member

Somebody Got Murdered is still astounding 35 years later.

Ticking is an easy second here. On certain days it will astonish me just as much.

Abraham Martin and John is my only other pick.

I never cared for Last Kiss (Wednesday's version is perhaps a bit better), and I Want My Baby Back is just a parody of it. Ode to Billie Joe is a very fine song but I'm not a fan (if it goes a long way, I'll understand). I like Ohio a bit better but not enough to vote for it. I've always been able to live without I Shot the Sheriff. I liked Berlin so I should probably crank up The Bed again; that would seem to be the one that might get be to change my vote. I haven't heard the Bloodrock track in decades and I'm not in any real rush to do so again.

I just listened to the Cave / Minogue track. Very attractive arrangement but the subject matter is too repulsive to want to listen to again (I know it's based on an "urban legend", which I hope is only that) (and yes I realize these comments could easily apply to Ticking too). And the chorus says, "I couldn't be bothered to write one".

3. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

4. "Ticking" is an amazing song. I'd rather have a life poll personally.

5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Ohio - CSNY

Darryl

6. qwerty

qwerty A resident of the SH_Forums.

"Ode To Billie Joe" (Bobbie Gentry) has never failed to fascinate me.
    From when I heard it over the radio when it came out, to now. It inspired many radio competitions at the time, and Dylan to write a reply song on The Basement Tapes. Was quite dissappointed when I got Gentry's greatest hits and found that this song is quite different to her other output, I was hoping for more of this quality.

And there are some other good songs here.

Can you post a link to the previous poll, I missed it!

7. DeadLoss

POLL - Death Songs. Choose Your Favourites.

Although I posted the poll, there are a few on there I don't care for! I surprised myself by how much I actually like Eminem's Stan. On the other hand I always found I Shot The Sheriff very tedious, and Lazarus does zilch for me. If you've never heard Shatner's What Have You Done I suggest a listen; it's very effective.

I think Ticking - regardless of the subject matter - is one of EJ's greatest songs; pity the album it comes from is so patchy.

qwerty likes this.
  8. eric777

eric777 Astral Projectionist

Motörhead. :D

9. DeadLoss

hugh . g. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.