(POLL) Paul McCartney Fans: What Do You Want Next?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by paulmccartneyistheman, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulmccartneyistheman

paulmccartneyistheman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I know, another Paul McCartney thread, but I'm curious..

There has been talk about when the next up in the Archive Collection will see release, and since the contract announcement, everything is up in the air.

What would you like to see next?

2. JohnnyQuest

JohnnyQuest Forum Resident

New album. :)

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  3. Rojo

Rojo Forum Resident

A proper collection of outtakes

4. Carl80

Carl80 Forum Resident

A vinyl box set of his solo albums.

5. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Red Rose, London Town, Egg Archive sets.

John Bliss, Deano6, supermd and 3 others like this.
  6. OldShiftyEyes

OldShiftyEyes Forum Resident

I don't care, I just want it out before the end of the year.

7. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I'm voting: OTHER.

I want a 36-CD boxed set just like Dylan is releasing. I don't care what Paul includes on those 36 CDs. I just want 36 CDs of Paul... ;)

8. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

;)Love me Paulie. Just want another similar McCartney 1 or Ram album, a mixture of both album styles in one new album if need be.

Reality is I don't need nothing from Paulie only to stay healthy and just be Paul. Albums and concerts are secondary all in the name of Paulies health. I want Paulie around for a long time more, we all lost John much horribly and tragically to soon. Miss me Georgie all the same.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  9. paulmccartneyistheman

I probably shouldn't tell you this, but one is coming out New Years Day. 36 CD's containing one word each.

You. Bought. This. HA. Wow. You'll. Buy. Anything. You. Are. A. Sucker. Wow. This. Reminded. Me. Of. Working. With. The. Beatles. Did. You. Check. The. Coming. Soon. Card. And. The. Mail. In. For. Tote. Bags. Hey. Jude.

:D

10. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

New album. I wish he'd get his skates on with this.

I'd like more Archive releases too. Not stoked about Flowers In The Dirt.. The most disappointing one to date. I can't wait for it to come out so I can (hopefully) start looking forward to the next one.:D

11. the sands

the sands Forum Resident

Anything just Inspired.

12. andy75

andy75 Forum Resident

"Flowers In the Dirt" & "Off the Ground" archive collection releases!

milankey and cmi like this.
  13. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

I voted Flowers, but only because we know it's DONE. It's just sitting, gathering (figurative) dust, unlike his new album which we know is NOT complete. I'd opt for new material first otherwise.

14. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

I don't believe you. Because your post has 37 words.

15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Red Rose Deluxe box!

16. paulmccartneyistheman

:realmad:
    That's the deluxe edition. Will come with 3 numbered pictures as well :hide:

:D

17. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Wild Life deluxe edition, Red Rose Speedway (remixed!) deluxe edition.

John Bliss and Grunherz54 like this.
  18. WorldB3

WorldB3 Forum Resident

Wild Life 2 cd set like the Bob Dylan Another Self Portrait release. Live tracks, B-sides, demos, alt takes, sessions that would appear on Red Rose Speedway etc..

John Bliss and Grunherz54 like this.
  19. WorldB3

WorldB3 Forum Resident

ha! beat me to it.

Grunherz54 and Veech like this.
  20. Elliottmarx

Elliottmarx Always in the mood for Burt Bacharach

I would love to see brand new McCartney compositions performed by young (but musically sympathetic) artists. Bands with great harmonies and production like Grizzly Bear or Dawes or Haim or Grohl even. I would like this album to (and all of the young social media impressions it collects) precede McCartney's own version of these very same songs. He's had such a hard time creating a new song that is perceived as a classic. He's still working My Valentine, hoping it will catch on. As one of the greatest songwriters of any era, it is a shame (to me) that he focuses so much on being a performing artists or even celebrity. It is tragic, but unlikely that he will be able to get any song (no matter how brilliant) to seriously catch on if he attempts to perform it. Let young artists copy his demos, not only will McCartney fans flock to hear what he's written, but so too will eager and active fans of the young artists. Let the song gain traction on social media and perhaps even the charts, before we hear McCartney's own version.

Worst case scenario, none of it catches on. However, just imagine if a young band has a hit, one they feel compelled to play live. Too me, this is the only winning options. Septuagenarians may have number 1 albums (for a week) but they never have number 1 songs. He is a songwriter after all.

21. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

I would like a heavily acoustic album featuring only him on instruments and production

22. Mrtn77

Mrtn77 Forum Resident

That's because the 37th word is on the bonus 7".

23. ibekeen

ibekeen Forum Resident

I want a 100% analog edition - straight from the tapes- vinyl edition of Ram. The same way they did the Beatles in mono.

24. PhilBorder

PhilBorder Senior Member

I'd like him to play bass in the Stones. Maybe even help them a bit with the lack of melodic content. He's got melodies leaking out from under his fingernails, but needs to work with a tougher rhythm section that will push him. The Stones need some semblance of melody if the 'songs' on ABB are any indication. Like with Elvis, a few songs go on Pauls album, a few for the Stones.

25. For the Record

For the Record Forum Resident

The reissues can wait until after he's dead. I'm sorry, but if it were up to me, he'd be releasing a new album every year like he did in the 70's.

The Fireman proved that stuff that the guy makes up on the spot is better than a lot of the stuff that's out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.