Poll: Which label could you see releasing a Peter Noone collection?*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by melstapler, Oct 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist Thread Starter

In light of all the many conversations about 1960s rock on this forum and as a fan of British Invasion artists, I'm curious to hear how everyone feels about the state of the Hermans' Hermits and (solo) Peter Noone catalogs.

To be frank, it seems as though the music of Herman's Hermits and Peter Noone's post Hermits solo career has been generally overlooked. Aside from obvious mastering issues, the EMI Mickie Most Years 4-disc box set is semi-complete, but misses a number of rare tracks by Herman's Hermits and numerous Peter Noone solo recordings, which should've been included.

In fact, no label has released a definitive collection of Peter Noone's post Herman's Hermits solo recordings and they were excellent. Keep in mind, David Bowie wrote and played piano on Peter Noone's single 'Oh! You Pretty Things.'

2. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

I remember liking the Tremblers' version of Elvis Costello's "Green Shirt".

melstapler likes this.
  3. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

It would be nice to have them all. I do have a Tremblers Cd

melstapler likes this.
  4. melstapler

melstapler Reissue Activist Thread Starter

Yep, The Tremblers is common on CD and LP, but Noone's solo recordings from the 1970s are scarce. It only makes sense for a label to release this material, as Noone has such a large fanbase around the world and a huge fan club that would be the envy of most touring artists.

5. greelywinger

greelywinger Osmondia

Real Gone Music

Darryl

melstapler likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.