PopMarket Not Honouring "MyPlay" Download Cards

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by cement_head, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cement_head

cement_head Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi All,

Please be aware that Popmarket is no longer associated with MYPLAYDIRECT and will not honour download codes sold with vinyl records. They say they will, but they just pass you off to the original record company (e.g. Sony Music) and you'll get absolutely NO RESPONSE - at least from the bigger record companies.

- Andor

lightbulb likes this.
  2. micksmuse

micksmuse Forum Resident

that's not surprising, for the last couple years they wouldn't even honor the discount coupon codes they put in their current shipments.

cement_head likes this.
  3. achrafhaffari

achrafhaffari New Member

4. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I noticed something interesting today. I just received three records in the mail. Two (Keith Jarrett and Charlie Haden - Last Dance, and Sigur Ros - Kveikur) were from the ImportCDs.com $9.99 ebay sale, and one (the new release of Pink Floyd - Meddle) was from PopMarket .

What was interesting to me was that all three records came in the identical packaging and had the identical return address (Attn: Returns Department (AEC), 300 Omicron Court, Suite A, , Sheperdsville, KY 40165-9794).

I don't know if this has been pointed out before or what it means. Perhaps it could mean that ImportCDs and PopMarket are part of the same music retailing empire. Could it explain the huge $9.99 sale at ImportCDs (perhaps Popmarket is using ImportCds to get rid of overstock)? Or perhaps several independent companies use the same company for processing returns and otherwise have no connection. I"ll post this in the ImportCDs thread.

Echoes sounds great, by the way. Quiet vinyl too.

cement_head likes this.
  5. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Nope AEC is a distributor
    Wholesaler, Distributor, Viny LP Records, CD, DVD, Blu-ray, Music, Movies, Video Games, Toys, Collectibles, Consumer Electronics, Turntables: Alliance Entertainment »

6. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

7. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

AEC is part of the same parent company (Alliance Entertainment) that owns SuperD, who also owns DeepDiscount, ImportCDs, Oldies.com, etc. They also fulfill many mail orders from places like BestBuy, PopMarket, etc. They bought out their largest competitor in the music wholesaling and distributing biz this year (Anderson Merchandising) and are now, by a huge margin, the biggest wholesaler/backend distributor in the US. Nearly all significant B&M retailers (e.g. Walmart, Target, BestBuy, etc.) are serviced by this company, as are a large fraction of indie record stores.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    jason202, GentleSenator and rtalwani like this.
  8. deadcoldfish

deadcoldfish Senior Member

Yes, they don't actually have any product on hand, and merely list the product and then pass the order along to AEC for packing and shipping. You too, with enough money and connections, could be a vinyl/CD store !

9. rtalwani

rtalwani Forum Resident

I'm going to start saving up...after I pay for the Ramones, David Bowie, King Crimson, Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, and, if they release it, the 1965-1966 Bob Dylan live box sets.:)

deadcoldfish likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.