Popmarket website support team issues.

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by mooseman, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident Thread Starter

I recently used popmarket to purchase the new Tom Petty box set, box set 1. It was suppose to be delivered today, nothing came. My beef is with this company's support team. I sent a few e-mails concerning my delivery. The first e-mail was about changing my address to my work address, nothing but this same old response, I will post here. I'm getting worried about my purchase, paid $219. I think I can get a refund threw Paypal but I hate to take that route, I can just wait a few more days. I'm really disturbed by this company's support. Here is the e-mail I keep receiving from them. Am I over re-acting?

Hello,

We've heard from a number of you over the past couple of days, and we want to assure you that we are working hard to get back to you as soon as we possibly can. The unfortunate reality is that there's been a tragedy within our customer service team. As a result, we've developed a backlog of customer service inquiries.

We understand that the holidays can be a stressful time for many, and it is not our intention to contribute to that in any way. We are a small team, but for the time being, we will have all hands on deck to ensure that we respond to all of your important questions. We take your concerns very seriously and appreciate your patience while we take the time to adequately address all of your concerns.

Thanks and Happy Holidays,
    The popmarket team

2. I would not panic, you may wait, but they are good for it.

3. mooseman

I'm going to wait but what if I have issues with box or defects with the vinyl, anything. Theirs no one that will answer the e-mail.
    I also wanted this box delivered to my work address, I sent them the address, no answer from them.

4. mooseman

Update!!!!
    I got my box set today, Saturday. Good thing I was home, it came UPS. The Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers Box set volume 1 is fantastic. Presentation and media are amazing. I think I'm going to get volume 2. I'm really loving this set, it's an early Christmas gift to myself. I take back what I said about Popmarket but they need to get their act together with costumer support team.

5. Galley

Galley Forum Resident

Perhaps you should cut them a break.

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The problem is their regular customer service hasn't been that good anyway.

whaiyun, GentleSenator and mooseman like this.
  7. mooseman

(((Update)))) So I listened to all my records in the box set. All of them played really good, no issues until, ((The last album)) I was really grooving to side two and in between the last two songs, POP, POP, POP.
    These were big annoying Pops. This totally thru me off. Such a nice box set only to be screwed by the last record in the set. I notified Popmarket but they wont answer any e mails.
    So buy at your own risk when dealing with Popmarket and possibly other music sites like Music Direct. The customer support team is none existent.

8. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Don't understand their inclusion here. They answer the phone on the first ring, and help you immediately.

Dave and black sheriff like this.
  9. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I wouldn't consider a couple pops and ticks between songs a problem. I have both sets and they sound amazing. A good cleaning with your RCM would probably solve the problem.

10. EddieMann

EddieMann I used to be a king...

I have always had good experiences with Popmarket. Give them a chance to make good...they will.

11. mooseman

(((Update)))) So I listened to all my records in the box set. All of them played really good, no issues untill, ((The last album)) I was really grooving to side two and in between last two songs, POP, POP, POP.
    These were big annoying Pops. This totally thru me off. Such a nice box set only to be screwed by the last record in the set. I notified Popmarket but they wont answer any e mails.
    So buy at your own risk when dealing with Popmarket and possibly other music sites like Music Direct. The customer support team is none existent.
    I came off kind of pissed in my post but I will give them chance. I'm confused why they don't respond to any attempts I've made in contacting them, even just asking a question about a product. They have this annoying email letter they keep sending out. What if the box was damaged in the mail? your just screwed?

12. mooseman

Sorry, I should have left them out of it.

13. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Yes, I've found Music Direct to be very responsive, as well. They helped me just today with an order issue, in fact.

Dave and Myke like this.
  14. newguru

newguru Forum Resident

Well my experience historically has been excellent with Popmarket until the Tom Petty Box set deals......I bought both together as a Cyber Monday deal. They shipped out the 2nd box set (more recent years) almost immediately and I received it with a crushed in corner. It was a shoddy package job as the box was LOOSE in the packing box. I'm amazed any arrived undamaged if they shipped like mine had). I immediately contacted Popmarket via email and got the same canned response as the original poster here. About 2 weeks after that canned response (shortly before Christmas) I got another email telling me a replacement was sent out to me (yet to get this even as of this post) and that they requested pictures of the damage which I sent within minutes of getting the email. Thus far I have not seen hide nor hair of the early box set 1 and its been a month now. I have a good buddy also local in Dallas and he also got only the 2nd box set though his arrived undamaged and he has yet to get box set 1 either. I have sent numerous emails and heard nothing. I have dropped well over $1500 historically through this company but I'm not spending another dollar after this mess. I wish I had bought through Soundstage Direct or another vendor and I would have been happier. The few dollars I have saved were definitely not worth it. Buyer beware. I have been patient up to now but we are going on a month now since I ordered and I get the daily emails from them peddling other deals while I can't even get something I paid for a month ago.

15. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Pops between tracks on an LP? In other news: sun rises in the east :p

chacha, RobCos02330, ARK and 2 others like this.
  16. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

@mooseman and @newguru, I have made around twenty purchases from Pop Market. Their prices are almost always great but their communication poor. In addition, their inventory levels are average. Stuff is sometimes out of stock. It seems to happen because too many people take advantage of one of their offers rather than not having the albums in stock in the first place. This can be a tough situation for a store to manage. Plus with record pressing plants running at or over full capacity, there can be delays in getting albums to you when an offer is oversold.

As an old retailer I found these are the three legs of the stool your sales rest upon: price, inventory, and customer service. In general, both online and brick and mortar stores promise all three, are lucky to provide two, and excel at one. Pop Market is no different.

Two things should give you both comfort. One, the few problems I had with Pop Market were always resolved in my favor. Records eventually arrived. Defective records were exchanged or refunded. Two, some of your shipping issues should be blamed on Christmas and the post office. USPS understandably makes sure Priority and First Class mail is delivered by December 25th. Third and Fourth Class mail literally sits. Now that the Christmas rush has passed, I'd expect the delays to clear up rapidly.

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

Still have no word on my replacement Kinks box. I'm done with them at this point.

18. Jack

Jack Senior Member

I just opened a dispute claim with Bank of America.

19. newguru

newguru Forum Resident

Gregg,

My issue is the fact that this company uses you like a bank. They charge you in advance for items and then use your funds to buy said albums in bulk to fulfill your orders. This is IMO borderline illegal. Its like a retailer ponzi scheme in effect.

Straight from their FAQ:

"HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY ORDER?
    Most orders ship within 1-2 business days, however, pre-orders will ship the week of the specified release date. You will receive an email update if the release date changes or if there are any delays associated with your order."

This is total BS as they never update you on anything.....at all. If Amazon and everyone else had it December 9, then there should have been some kind of update email that they couldn't ship it.

"WHEN WILL MY CREDIT CARD BE CHARGED?
    Excellent question. Your card will get charged the full amount of your order when the order is placed. If for any reason your order is not fulfilled or canceled before shipping, we will refund you in full."

Ridiculous....again using us as their bank.

"I RECEIVED A DAMAGED, DEFECTIVE, OR WRONG ITEM. HOW DO I REPLACE IT?
    Please contact customer service. In most cases we will give you a partial refund based on the damage or send you a replacement item. An associate will determine the best course of action depending on the severity of the damage/defect and availability of the item in stock."

Then this policy is awesome as well....if there is damage, the way its resolved is at their sole discretion. Who wants to buy a $200 box set and have it damaged in shipment and get some crappy credit instead of a replacement sent?

20. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I did the same thing yesterday with Citi.

21. Jason W

Jason W Forum Resident

i cancelled a Pop Market order recently because they hadn't shipped way beyond the release date. i got a refund. but then i just received my cancelled order in the mail. not sure what my next step is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.