Porcupine Tree/Opeth in NYC

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnG, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

Just a reminder for Hoffmanites who live in the NY Metro area:

Porcupine Tree and Opeth two of the best recording artists in the world today will be appearing at the Irving Plaza tommw (Thursday) night at 0830PM.

Tickets are plentiful and cheap. These two bands will knock you out live.

I'll be there with Jimbo.

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

John, only FOUR tiny messages from 1000!

mud-:D

3. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS! Thread Starter

Saw Porcupine Tree and Opeth at the Irving Plaza lat night with Jimbo and special friend Bill L.

Do you know when we arrived at the front dooe the line to get in stretched down the block and around the corner halfway down that block. One amazing crowd showed up for a show that wans't heavily advertised by 2 bands that get NO Radio Airplay here in NY.

That's how good these 2 bands are! The faithful showed up in mass and ready to rock!

Both groups were awesome. Porcupine Tree played many songs from the new one called "In Abstentia". A very solid effort.

At one point in the Show the band joined the audience in singing "Happy Birthday" to AR guy Andy Carp ( he signed Porcupine Tree to their first American label) who was in the crowd enjoying the bands.

Opeth was equally awesome. Damn good band. Their new one called "Damnation" is one of the best releases of 2003.

4. trilogia

trilogia New Member

i just picked up damnation a few days ago and have listened to it probably 6 or 7 times now and am highly impressed with it. its a very emotional album to say the least. i could hear quite a few tracks from damnation being played at a funeral or somethin ya know? this album definately caught my attention from the first listen. i gotta check out porcupine tree as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.