Porcupine Tree/Steven Wilson 2016/2017 Digital Remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tlake6659, Mar 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lennonology

lennonology Formerly pas10003

The vinyl edition of Up The Downstair in the new Delerium 1991-1993 box is definitely the re-mix with Gavin's drums.

Chip Madinger
    www.lennonology.com

2. It says in the product description that this is a copy of the 2012 masters.

I received the LP a couple of days ago. It sounds great! I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't come with custom/printer sleeves, though, just standard black poly ones. Now we just need a good remaster and press of In Abstentia and Deadwing. I also wish they'd release more pressings of Signify.

3. Sadcafe

Sadcafe In the kingdom of the deaf, one eared man is King

4. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

I didn't either, but Gavin feels a bit too heavy-handed for that material. Thought Chris Maitland would've been a better choice, but who knows why that wasn't done.

bobloblaw, sound chaser and Jim N. like this.
  5. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member Thread Starter

Sorry, but appreciate the update. I guess Fear of a Blank Planet won't be remastered.

6. Riccardo2

Riccardo2 Forum Resident

The new CD (with master of 2012, whatever that may be) is exactly the same as the orginal CD from 2007

7. Ah, I don't have the CD so I didn't realize. If it really is exactly the same then its definitely unfortunate to label it as a remaster.

8. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Are you sure they're the same? According to this post in another thread, they seem to measure differently...

9. Riccardo2

Riccardo2 Forum Resident

Well they sound the same and they the same dynamic range

10. Riccardo2

Riccardo2 Forum Resident

I was hoping for more dynamic range, like the remaster of Insurgentes. The package is nice though.

11. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Anyone know why the hi-res releases of Up the Downstair and Voyage 34 were removed from ProStudioMasters? They were the only place to buy them in the US, to my knowledge.

12. grbl

grbl Just Lurking

Anyone know where I can get my hands on the new Signify remaster on cd? It's sold out on Burning Shed and Kscope's website. I thought I'd found it on Amazon, but when it came it turned out to be a 2003 remaster.

13. How do you identify the "Signify" remaster from 2016? Is it the one with 802644738024 on the back cover under the UPC code in the upper right?

14. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

This is my favourite PT album. And it BEGS for a good remastering and/or remixing
    Original CD had only DR7, whereas vinyl is DR10 (and much more natural sounding)

:wave:

granata likes this.
  15. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

The Signify CD you're looking for is available from Amazon in the US. It's the release dated February 6, 2017, and is available as we speak.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  16. albertop

albertop Forum Resident

17. opiumden

opiumden Forum Resident

Blackfield (2016 SW Remaster)
    Blackfield II (2013 SW Remaster)
    Returning Jesus (2017 SW Remaster)
    Available now.

If you're rich enough to order Returning Jesus right now you can get a postcard signed by Tim Bowness & Steven Wilson!

Endymion likes this.
  18. bleachershane

bleachershane Forum Resident

oneway23, Solvethebox, DaverJ and 2 others like this.
  19. Endymion

Endymion Forum Resident

Yeah, I don't care much for remixes but I would love decent masterings of the original mixes.
    Thanks to opiumden I ordered the Blackfield remaster today.

opiumden and bleachershane like this.
  20. Tyler

Tyler Senior Member

I’m very curious to hear opinions on the new Blackfield remasters, especially Blackfield II, too much compression nearly ruins “My Gift Of Silence” on the original CD.

21. ThmsFrd

ThmsFrd Forum Resident

Absolutely. If someone was kind enough to post the DR measurements...

22. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Same. The original sounds pretty good but a newer more dynamic mastering could be even better.

23. ThmsFrd

ThmsFrd Forum Resident

Hey Simon, you're up on every front aren't you

24. tlake6659

tlake6659 Senior Member Thread Starter

They are available to download in the US via 7Digital. I just downloaded them and they sound very good.

Anyone know if the HD Downloads of Sky Moves Sideways and Coma Divine are available to download anywhere in the US?

oneway23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.