Portishead-Dummy: Simply Vinyl or GoBeat

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockyRaccoon, Jul 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Think he is reffering to SV The Band album.

2. Vonschinkel

Vonschinkel Forum Resident

Did you buy this online? If so could you share where from? I'd love to have this album on vinyl and relive some of my college years :)

3. LFSDoc

LFSDoc time has told me not to ask for more

Nope, in a shop here in my hometown, sorry!
    doc

4. Stephen_Ri

Stephen_Ri Forum Resident

Do the vinyl releases include the same clicks and pops that were layered onto the CD version to simulate vinyl?

5. klownschool

klownschool Forum Resident

Are you trying to be funny?

Wouldn't that be Andy Smith that you hear?

Rick

6. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Just spun this album (Go Beat!) for the first time since getting my new TT all sorted, (and thanks to the 90's thread), this record sounds incredible...

I could have sworn Beth was in the middle of my lounge room when I was listening to "Roads" :)

7. tightplatonic

tightplatonic Forum Resident

is there a difference between the go beat! versions of Portishead S/t that is readily available in stores, and the original releases?

I see the go beat! versions of Dummy and S/t in many stores and reasonably cheap just wondering if they are as good as the original release or just a bad re-release.

8. dogpile

dogpile Generation X record spinner.

I have Dummy EU 1st press and the 180g re-issue and prefer the re-issue (slightly)

I only have the USA 1st pressing S/T 2lp and can't comment on the re-issue of this one.

9. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Just wanted to chime in and say that due to the feedback in this thread, I was able to score a Go Beat lp of this title and it does indeed sound really great. Vinyl required a little bit of cleaning but it's very quiet and flat.

10. tightplatonic

tightplatonic Forum Resident

is this a new copy readily available in stores? I see them around wondering if I should pick one up..for some reason my portishead (second album) go beat I bought new last year sounds really thin and lacks any warmth

11. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident Thread Starter

I decided to take a chance and bought a copy from insound. It just arrived today, and lo and behold, the deadwax ended in 320! Haven't had a chance to spin it yet, but just wanted to say thank you to everyone who provided info.

GentleSenator likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.