Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 11)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

Every time I post to this thread I have less gear. Pictured is Naim Supernait, Oppo 103, Harbeth Compact 7ES, Sound Anchor stands, Mac Mini and Sennheiser 650's.

room1.jpg room2.jpg room3.jpg

2. wgb113

wgb113 Forum Resident

How do you like Audirvana? Worth it over iTunes?

3. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

4. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

They sound fine but I'm not getting the most out of them. I need a few more rugs and maybe curtains/wall hangings to minimize reflections. The rugs I put under the stands a coffee table helped a little.

5. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Love it! Real Eames lounge chair? I'm guessing yes with the Herman Miller media stand you have.

Dan C likes this.
  6. Jtycho

Jtycho Forum Resident

Actually... You're all mid century eh? Nice room indeed. Maybe just a rug as someone else said.

7. mfidelity

mfidelity Senior Member

Everything is real Herman Miller except the coffee table which is a very good reproduction. Luckily, I bought the lounge 10 years ago before the prices got out of control. I will be buried in that chair.

PhilBiker, Dan C and Mazzy like this.
  8. sassi

sassi Forum Resident

Hello all!

This is my first post on these forums. I'm sorry for my bad english, but bear with me. :)

Here is my setup. Speakers are active Genelec 8050As and as a DAC/Preamp I have DSpeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core. It also offers room correction capability. My turntable is Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit and RIAA correction is done by Pro-Ject Phono Box. I have ripped my CDs to my computer's hard drive as FLAC -files. I use Foobar2000 to play music via an optical cable connected to the DAC.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Johnny Vinyl, hvbias and Szeppelin75 like this.
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Very nice looking room. Uncluttered and focused. I'm still saving for an Eames lounge chair. Is the chair vintage or new (well new when you bought it)?

Love the lamp. I have my eye on one locally but with a teak shaft rather than white.

I auditioned a Supernait a few years ago. I thought it was a nice unit but I didn't like the way it sounded with my B&W 805s in the space I was living in at the time. I imagine that the Naim and Harbeth pairing sounds quite nice.

10. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Somebody likes Metallica!, great setup man.

11. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Nice room!! Before I noticed where you live, I thought, "That looks a San Francisco room." No idea why.

762rob likes this.
  12. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Bay window?

Rufus McDufus likes this.
  13. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

That and the impecable design elements, I guess. Looks like something out of a magazine.

14. PNeski@aol.com

[email protected] Forum Resident

looks like the Design within Reach Cat, very nice!!!

15. jeff kleinberg

jeff kleinberg Senior Member

My system.

Attached Files:

PhilBiker, raferx, jazdoc and 2 others like this.
  16. theron d

theron d Forum Resident

Very nice looking, minimalist love it! My first thought for treatment would be to put acoustic panels (aesthetically matching) behind your listening chair and a thick rug down. Congrats - wish I had a place like that to listen solely to music/movies!
    best
    Theron

17. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Are those Joseph Audio speakers as nice as I think they are?

I only get to hear them at shows, but they sit atop my Dream Speakers list.

18. jeff kleinberg

Yes they are. I absolutely love them. I bought them second hand. There is a pair of pulsars up for sale now. A little more affordable than the perspectives.

19. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

I love Joseph speakers. I never hear about them any more. I remember hearing the Pearls on a few occasions and couldn't believe how musical and alive they sounded.

20. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

Awesome! You've got great taste in decor that's for sure. :righton: Looks like a terrific room for relaxing.

dan c

21. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Great to see such a fine SRA Rack. I know that the Shuttle is much more affordable than the CraZ models. It looks fantastic.

22. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

There looks to be townhouses across the street. That's why + the shape of the room + bay window. That was my first reaction too.

23. jeff kleinberg

Yeah it was a beast getting up 2 flights of stairs, but the impact on my system was way more than I expected. I came from a salamander and sanus combo.

24. bhazen

bhazen ANNOYING BEATLES FAN

My motley system.

Crucial bits are Audio Analogue Puccini SE amp, and Linn Sara loudspeakers. IMG_20130629_125952.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.