Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 13)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Dec 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

What's the picture with the guy smoking? Is that Tom Waits? That room looks like an awesome place to hang out.

3. Tom Waits!

4. nbakid2000

Don't know anything about the guy. I've heard some songs by him but that's the extent of it besides some various interviews I've seen with him.

5. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Man,that Fisher is sweet looking. Brings back memories.:agree:

PhilBiker and Faders Up like this.
  6. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Thanks~
    Also, yup Tom Waits. I usually don't buy posters, most of what I do have were given out as freebies in other albums/books or promotional items, but I saw that and had to have it.

7. nbakid2000

What's with the dual monitor? Do you have two systems or just a Mac?

8. Faders Up

Faders Up Forum Resident

Just a Mac, hooked the thunderbolt out to another monitor and just essentially have twice the desktop space. Makes it a lot easier to monitor a needledrop, or watch a video while still being able to do other things on the computer.

9. Oh man... git thee to Spotify (or whatever you use)!

The album "Closing Time" is a good one to start with.

10. nbakid2000

It's on now on track 1. Thanks for the recommendation!

Brian Gupton likes this.
  11. He's one of a kind.

12. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

I want to make sure everyone realizes that this fine system belongs to Baron. I just posted the pic for him because of some technical difficulties.

13. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

First night listening to these NSMT PSM SEs (Professional Studio Monitor, Special Edition).

[​IMG]

14. 33na3rd

33na3rd Forum Resident

You'll have to let us know how you like those new speakers! They sure are pretty!

I see that the cat approves!

I'm always amazed that our cats/dog enjoy music, and that they all have different tastes in what they like. Just like us!

PhilBiker likes this.
  15. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

These really fit my idea of an ideal design——MTM/acoustic suspension/folded transmission line/first order/phase and time coherent/custom Seas TPX drivers/pretty flat from 35Hz to 20kHz. I think with the transmission line out of the front I have less issues with the wall behind. So far, I am super impressed.

motorcitydave and 33na3rd like this.
  16. filper

filper Forum Resident

Hi. I retired and have this great unfinished space with an unobstructed 35' X 16' space for dedicated 5.1 audio only.

How can I post some pics for some help with the refinements ? I seem to be blocked out from uploading pictures.

You kids would love this one.

17. You have to use a third party like photobucket. Its free but things changed here a couple months ago.

There are instructions somewhere around here

18. SR-71Panorama

SR-71Panorama Active Member

[​IMG]

Cleaned up a bit recently so I thought i would post.
    Basically SACDs XLR'd to a nice tube preamp, then XLR'd to ATC SCM150ASL monitors.

Ignore temporary floor sliders.

some more shots

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
    Johnny Vinyl, Linto, tyinkc and 21 others like this.
  19. Hymie the Robot

Hymie the Robot Forum Resident

A rug or two and a couple stands for those massive speaks and your in heaven!

Mad shadows likes this.
  20. inperson

inperson Senior Member

Closer picture of that tube preamp please :)

21. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Are those room treatments behind your equipment? Whatever they are it looks fantastic!

22. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Very nice!

23. T'mershi Duween

T'mershi Duween Forum Resident

Very nice system. What kind of audio rack is that? Me likee! :righton:

24. tim185

tim185 Forum Resident

Diffusion behind those speakers isnt going to do much at all however. Only low frequencies will be radiating behind the speakers and those diffusers will just look a flat wall to those wavelengths. Only benefit may be from reflections from the wall behind the listening position, then it would be best to deal with those from the back wall itself. The do look good though!

25. SR-71Panorama

SR-71Panorama Active Member

Diffusors are Auralex, except the two skyline diffusors, all of which were originally used with bookshelf speakers. My general attitude is you can never have too much diffusion though, and it seemed better to leave them up than just have a big flat wall. I plan on eventually replacing the Auralex with more skylines, just because. I have some Venus BassFly traps, but don't feel like they are needed now that I have bookshelves on the back and side wall. I've also found that I tend to tire of anything with a lot of color. Never understood why Auralex doesn't make foam panels in white or off-white. Seems like such a no-brainer to me. Maybe the dye is no good, who knows. The backwall has a 5x5 ikea expedit bookshelf, and reflections don't seem to be a problem. I really like the bookshelves because they also don't seem to over-deaden the way lots of foam did when I used it on the walls.

Oh, the audio rack is the hyperspike model from SolidSteel.

Apex Pinnacle preamp pics (front inputs are for headphones, but I have no need for headphones anymore:) )
    1 2 3 4 5
    The power supply is in a separate box. Focus on this phone is hit or miss, sorry.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.