Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 14)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hodgo, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 56GoldTop

56GoldTop Forum Resident

Pro-audio (when done right) certainly has it's benefits. I expected the HiLo to be the tops; so, that's a good report.

2. Halloween Jack

Halloween Jack Forum Resident

OMG, those speakers!

The bass from those woofers would bring down my grandmother's house!

How many watts are okay for those?

3. radiophonic

radiophonic Forum Resident

Actually, they aren't total bass monsters, although they do go realistically low - bass guitar and kick drums sound real, and they can shake the room a bit. In bigger cabs (300L back loaded horns are a popular implementation for those with the space) they will trouble your foundations somewhat, but these are only 100L infinite baffles, albeit hugely overbuilt to control cabinet resonance. Strictly speaking, the drivers aren't woofers, since there are 2" compression horns behind the dust caps of the 15" Mid/Bass units and they cross over at 1KHz - so they are dual concentric arrays. They were only rated to 50W, but sensitivity is 95 dB/W @ 1m, so they don't need much encouragement to go quite loud. The ones in the other pic actually go louder in theory - a later generation of the same driver, rated at 85W. The cabs would probably shake themselves apart though!

4. pinktree1

pinktree1 Forum Resident

5. Subvet

Subvet Forum Resident

My system with my new VPI Aries 3 (sorry about the bad reflection).

[​IMG]

barfko, PanaPlasma, dat56 and 33 others like this.
  6. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

I don't think that reflects on you at all badly :tiphat:

Subvet likes this.
  7. mreeter

mreeter Forum Resident

The Aries 3 is a beautiful piece of deck, congrats!

Gavinyl and Subvet like this.
  8. Murphy13

Murphy13 Forum Resident

Wow that thing looks brand new. Are those speaker baffles in front or LP storage slots?

Gavinyl likes this.
  9. Murphy13

Murphy13 Forum Resident

I was in a home a while back where the owner was an audiophile. His main 2 channel speakers were Wilson with Accuphase amp/pre. For 5.1 he had wall and ceiling speakers installed running into a Marantz surround system. He said that was basically for the kids. He even listens to concert blu rays 2 channel.

Gavinyl likes this.
  10. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

Not much has changed since my last post except that I have added a McIntosh D100 DAC and moved my Rega DAC to the bedroom setup. Sorry about the crappy pics, I was trying to capture some tube glow from the Decware amp and Mac preamp ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, Ron P., tyinkc and 23 others like this.
  11. DannyC

DannyC Forum Resident

Kitchen/Relaxing end of - system is now finally in place - the solid flagged floors and original 1metre plus thick stone walls of the barn really have been a challenge to tame - rugs have really helped but ironically having the system fire across the short side really seems to have helped. I originally had it firing down the length of the room but it was like an echo chamber.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

barfko, Ron P., Gavinyl and 21 others like this.
  12. House de Kris

House de Kris VVell-known member

Ah, I remember the days of scribing your social security number onto anything you own, in hopes of recovery if stolen. A quick Google search tells us that 383-26-2971 was assigned to KOTEWICZ, JOSEPH A., born 16 March 1929, received Social Security number 383-26-2971 (indicating Michigan) and, Death Master File says, died 11 July 2002. Now you know a little more history of your table!

13. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

interesting setup and room, comfortable. really like the Lodger record. i brought my vinyl out from storage and had not played that one for 25 years. it sees a constant rotation, sounds as good as new and better than ever among the best music of today. same with Scary Monsters. peace and happy Christmas.

14. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

:)

I did the exact same thing you did! And I did purchase this table from a collector in the Detroit area too, so the story lines up.

http://deathnotices.michigan.com/res...2013&0010=true
    KOTEWICZ JOSEPH A2002-07-14
    July 11, 2002 age 73. Dear brother of Leonard Kotewicz. Dear uncle of Malvin L. Kotewicz. Visitation Saturday 5pm - 9pm and Sunday 1pm - 9pm at the Sterling Heights Chapel of the Obarzanek Funeral Home, 33250 Ryan Rd. (N. of 14 Mile Rd.). Scripture service Sunday, 7pm. In state Monday, 9 am at St. Rene Goupil Catholic Church, 35955 Ryan Rd. (N. of 15 Mile Rd.) until the Funeral Mass at 9:30am. Interment Mount Olivet Cemetery, Detroit. Joseph was a member of the Detroit World Class Chorale - Cantata Academy and a member for 35 years with the Michigan Orchid Society. He was retired from Chrysler Corp. Please sign the family guest book at www.obarzanekfuneralhome.com

15. cat9

cat9 Forum Resident

Congrats on finding the right positioning for the best sonics you can get from this room - it is a beautiful space!!
    Can you tell us more about that "desk" between the speakers? Lovely piece.

Enjoy - cheers form Central Canada.

16. DannyC

DannyC Forum Resident

Not really .. I think it was bought about 15 years ago from some local mill shop for.. Its more of a hall side table/dresser than a desk as its not very deep but it seems to fit the space quite well (Its not that antique - its just a reproduction).. Originally there wasnt going to be a PC etc in the kitchen but we soon found when we had guests around or when one of us was cooking we were actually both spending more and more time in this room in the evenings (it has great views over the fields and valley) so I decided to add the 2nd system into here.

cat9 likes this.
  17. BigGame

BigGame Forum Resident

CARPEYOLO, Gavinyl, Miche and 20 others like this.
  18. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Nice! Welcome. :wave:

19. samn

samn New Member

What kind of metal subplater was that? Care to share? Thanks.

Gavinyl and benny like this.
  20. timind

timind phorum rezident

I like the acoustic treatment on the ceiling. Does it break up standing waves?;)

21. October Man

October Man Extraordinary tunes from the hard drive

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Father Christmas came early. :)

Denon DCD-520AE CD Player
    Denon PMA520AE Amp
    Monitor Audio BX1 Bronze. Ex Demo I bought about 5 years ago

Andy Saunders, barfko, dat56 and 9 others like this.
  22. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

Nice, but try the CD player on the bottom with the amp on top.

23. gcos

gcos Well-Known Member

it depends... where is the amp vented? The weight of that amp can bend the chassis of the cd player if you put it on top. so if it is vented at the top I agree if not leave as is.

24. Ntotrar

Ntotrar Forum Resident

Would it not be best to separate the two? Like side by side...

Millington and beowulf like this.
  25. vinylman

vinylman Senior Member

I honestly doubt the weight of a Denon amp could bend the case of the CD player. I'd rather have the advantage of the amp's weight damping the CDP case.

Larry C. McGinnis III likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.