Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 14)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by hodgo, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ptmconsulting

ptmconsulting Member

Probably cigarettes

2. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Sorry, that Amazon address was not a good example. That comes with the glass shelf and is therefore expensive. You can buy the set/kit for under $20 at several places online these days. In fact, the ones pictured, I got three sets, (pairs), used on eBay for about $20.

Here's a better link. In fact, these are for the thicker shelf and in satin finish which goes with my place. I may try to win these myself.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Shelf...198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4ebe3b76

inperson likes this.
  3. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

that was my first thought but........I may have to drag the image into photoshop and enlarge and enhance

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Very cool. He appears to have 3 track playback. How odd is that as well? Listening to his own masters?

5. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes, I think you're right. Like I said, the build quality is excellent! Very heavy and solid units. Even the wood accent pieces on the sides of the face plates are solid wood. Once we got into the 70's, the competition became fierce, and much Hi Fi became about hitting a price point. Probably fighting for 'baby boomers coming of age', dollars. Not that the 70's stuff didn't sound good. Yamaha, Pioneer, Marantz, Sansui....... many others. Then came the the 80's and the "integrated circuits". Yuk! But that's another thread.

Please see my earlier post regarding the cable shelf holders.

Here is a set on eBay right now but you may have to fight me for them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cable-Shelf...198?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c4ebe3b76

6. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

This may help with what's in the bowl...
    [​IMG]

7. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Popular opinion says Frank listened to a lot of Classical and Opera music.....?

Speaking of listening chairs.........nice!

8. CARPEYOLO

CARPEYOLO Forum Resident

Eames chair, some tunes, and a gigantic bowl full of cigarettes. That is how a real man relaxed back in the day.

9. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Lots of cigarette packs.

10. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Excellent! What is the LP upper left? Nice diversity. ....and AC/DC, killed to open the Grammy's..no? It was awesome and one of the few good moments of the Grammy's this year in my opinion.

Love the Keith Jarrett as well. I still have my LP from when it came out, probably played a hundred times and still sounds good. Still one of my favorite albums.

and the Clockwork Orange... Beethoven via Walter/Wendy Carlos.

Here's my Alex.

11. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

[​IMG]

Kyhl, arar, SteelyTom and 3 others like this.
  12. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

ViNyLBLADERUNNER Well-Known Member

Hi Ron, thanks for the reply.. It's The Beatles blue album, obscured by light reflection, as with all those covers the Vinyl's were ditched, i tried to express my varied musical taste in that small collection, I vary it up from time to time.. I love your Clockwork Orange poster, is that an original? I adore that film as i do with all Kubrick. Is your system set up pics in this thread? let me know and i'll search it out.. I haven't seen the grammy AC/DC performance as yet, i need to look it up.. I don't really watch award shows..

13. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yes...the original poster with the "X" rating. Might be hard to see in the pic.
    Just look back in this thread. I have posted several pics of my current set up.

14. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

"current state of affairs" is on page 18 of this thread

15. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

[​IMG] [​IMG]

This one's for ViNyLBLADERUNNER

....no no, ...........don't answer the door ...................don't do it!

bru87tr, Kyhl, arar and 14 others like this.
  16. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

haha! "Who On Earth Could That Be?" I love that setup, absolutely gorgeous.. what is that vintage looking amp on the bottom shelf?

17. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

Oh my heaven!.. beautiful Ron.. Can we house share?? I'll bring my Vinyl collection.. Just lovely!!

18. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Tandberg TR 2045 receiver. Talk about build quality. Made in Oslo, Norway in the 70's. Great sound with an excellent FM only tuner section. I have this thing for vintage tuners, particularly ones with FM only. I know. It's weird.

19. Center channel speaker? :tiphat:

Ron P. likes this.
  20. Looks like he cheaped out and didn't spring for the matching ottoman. :tiphat:

SteelyTom and Vinyl Addict like this.
  21. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

No me too, I love it..

22. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Ha! ......Sinatra, the pioneer of home theatre.

ViNyLBLADERUNNER and Mazzy like this.
  23. ViNyLBLADERUNNER

I'd love that setup up now! Love that reel to reel..

24. beowulf

beowulf Forum Resident

Don't forget the classic and legendary Mac C22 Preamp ... :cool:

25. Dr Tone

Dr Tone Forum Resident

[​IMG]

My Focal 1028BEs and the Devialet 200 peaking out from under the blanket int the center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.